SpeedWeek 2020

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, SpeedWeek 2020 is scheduled for February 1-9. As always we will be running SAW and 1/3 mile ovals.

The lake is getting a little short for the current speeds some classes of SAW boats are running ( it’s good for about 115mph and below), but it is an amazing oval lake! Our driver’s stand actually hangs out over the water and makes it super easy to drive a nice course!

We don’t have have a rule that only limited boats get to run during the last hour of the day, but I do have a smooth water rule that we will use if we need to. Basically it is just an opportunity for the boats that require smooth water to get running priority if there is a limited about of smooth water during the day.

Every one is invited...if you’ve never been to Blue Lake it is truly an awesome place! Come for a day, or all 9 days, you won’t regret it!

Entry fee is $60 and of course IMPBA membership is required.

Donna often makes amazing lunches for just whatever it takes to cover the cost. This is a special treat that adds to the special time SpeedWeek has to offer!!

If you have any questions please feel free to send me a pm or give me a call.

GQ

Attachments

• 19EA01BC-91FC-473A-9F11-CBD0391AF015.jpeg
    19EA01BC-91FC-473A-9F11-CBD0391AF015.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 57
I may have to make this trip...been almost 20 years since ive been to Blue Lake. StumpFAB may have something for the F Tunnel and Q Tunnel Records. Thnaks Glenn!

Hi Glenn,

The last record trial I went to was 40 years ago in Flint with the likes of Fred McBroom, John Bridge, John Ackerman, Jerry Betke and others I can't remember too well. I plan to just fly down to mostly watch and learn from y'all.

I will attempt to bring an A hydro and a B hydro if I can fit it in the extra suitcase. I will need to buy some fuel from John Otto and perhaps borrow a few tools here and there from people when "things happen". Will there likely be anybody there with parts for sale like Walt or Ron Shaw, etc.?

Should be fun!

Bob, it will be a pleasure having you join us!! I have already mentioned to John Otto that you may be contacting him for some fuel.

I would love it if Ron or Walt would show up, but they haven’t made it in the past and I haven’t heard from them yet this time. John Otto says he made join us for a couple days so you may be able to get parr’s from him. Generally to other guys at the event have whatever is needed are are typically very generous with sharing!

I look forward to seeing you again my friend!

GQ

You can count on me picking up your fuel orders from John and having it at Blue Lake by 1FEB, I’ll save room as long as you give me a heads up on the quantity.
Thanks John

You can count on me picking up your fuel orders from John and having it at Blue Lake by 1FEB, I’ll save room as long as you give me a heads up on the quantity.
Thanks John
Thanks buddy!! I’ve been meaning to text you to ask about that! We just got home from a week of cooking for Samairtans Purse so I haven’t got caught up on life yet!

GQ

Ken, it will be nice to finally meet you! Can’t wait to see the little twin run again! Always loved the sound of that thing!!

GQ
Glen
Thanks for the help on head clearance an props to run.
looking forward to running the little Texan,an meeting you also so sir

Bob, it will be a pleasure having you join us!! I have already mentioned to John Otto that you may be contacting him for some fuel.

I would love it if Ron or Walt would show up, but they haven’t made it in the past and I haven’t heard from them yet this time. John Otto says he made join us for a couple days so you may be able to get parr’s from him. Generally to other guys at the event have whatever is needed are are typically very generous with sharing!

I look forward to seeing you again my friend!

GQ
glenn,
I was talking to my wife and if possible I may be at the time trials for a couple of days, do not know what days yet, I'm not looking to break any records, just to try to get my boats running better with every ones
suggestions and help.
Walt Barney

Just finished the second day of our drive to Valdosta...only about 250 miles to go tomorrow! Met David Hall to pick up the timing equipment...thanks David this is a HUGE help!!

See y’all in a couple weeks!
GQ

Re-posted your Speed-week information over on the Offshore-electrics forum.
Getting excited about the trials for Fede and me. Hopefully with the help of
some updated equipment we can challenge some more records.
Even re-newed our IMPBA memberships this morning.
Drive safe and see you and Donna soon !

Latest posts

Back