Small business question

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sean Bowf

Looking for a software solution to track and calculate payments for items financed through a small business.

Owner said that the software he found that he likes is $10k. This is a single storefront general store that can't afford to pay that kind of $$$ for software. 60-70% of all sales are financed and he needs a way of calculating/tracking the payments (currently using a card file...yes...really....).

Any application names, links to websites, etc, would be helpful. I have a couple names to look up now, but finding something like "quick draw" on the WWW without stumbling on a dozen CAD applications is taking a lot of time.

Now, is that OT or what...

Thanks in advance for your input,

Sean

Looking for a software solution to track and calculate payments for items financed through a small business.

Owner said that the software he found that he likes is $10k. This is a single storefront general store that can't afford to pay that kind of $$$ for software. 60-70% of all sales are financed and he needs a way of calculating/tracking the payments (currently using a card file...yes...really....).

Any application names, links to websites, etc, would be helpful. I have a couple names to look up now, but finding something like "quick draw" on the WWW without stumbling on a dozen CAD applications is taking a lot of time.

Now, is that OT or what...

Thanks in advance for your input,

Sean
$10,000. is a bargain if it includes the POS and back room computer. I had a hardware store and paid $20 for the software, back office and just 1 POS. I found it was well worth it though. I saved thousands just by tracking inventory and only keeping a 2 month supply.

He already uses Paladin (Sp?) for POS and merchandising. The three machines he has would only cost him a little under $2k preloaded with the POS software.

But what you are talking about is kind of the problem I am running into. All he needs is something to track payments, etc. Problem is he would have to purchase a software suite that does MUCH more than he needs it to to fullfil his needs. I have found prices from $0 to $4800 in my research. Looks like Quickbooks premier will track his customers' payments ($400 off the shelf).

Sean

I use Quickbooks Pro to run two different businesses.

I have had one business in operation since 1995 with Quickbooks that has 5 employees and averages about $750k a year in receipts. Although I don't use it for tracking receivables, it certainly has the capability, IMHO.

Back