Lipo Lowdown From My POV.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul

good luck next week - with double the power anyone has had before and being first lipo competitor off the rank I hope you can gives us a glimpse of our future

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew,

good luck next week - with double the power anyone has had before and being first lipo competitor off the rank I hope you can gives us a glimpse of our future
If you think I'm going there with double the power your going to be disapointed with the numbers.

Paul.

Wrong. I have to date 92 cycles on my 10S2P 4350 20C race pack for open mono, that's all last years tuning and racing plus the first race of this year. They preform as new and comparing the numbers of a new set I got this year you can't tell the difference.
Well Paul, I have never had problems with my NiMHs either. They died after I choose not to use them anymore because there was the next generation available. I have packs with very many cycles (I never counted them). Others report problems after 2-3 cycles or even before usage.

If one 10s2p pack works for you, then nice. But you can't judje from "what worked for you" to "what other people will do wrong to have trouble with it".

Joerg

that poor dead horse keeps getting beat with the same stick

let it go guys

Some 6S1P rigger fun - nitro oval - this was the boats first full lap run - its midway 21 and 45 sizes uses TP Extreme 6SX 5000 and used about 2000mah for these 4 laps - no heat problems and as development goes on a consensus is developing that it needs a larger hull

Paul

Rats I was hoping you would be whacking hell out of those cells - It would be fun to see what a 2P setup can do - they just have to be fast!

I will go get my self set in the comfy chair and await your results. Those Lipos are way better at making voltage so I imagine you wont have problems getting some satisfying figures. And they take more abuse than nickel so how many passes do you think you could make on one charge?

Andrew,

Rats I was hoping you would be whacking hell out of those cells - It would be fun to see what a 2P setup can do - they just have to be fast!
Man, I can't belive you still don't get what I'm doing. I don't "whack" my cells or equipment and I'm not out to try either. I'm sure there will be guys to push the limits although far and few between. If I get beat by someone like that I'm okay with it. I'm going to the SAWs with 100% oval equipment, no purpose built boats, no cut down minimal rudders, turn fins on the boats. I time trial what I race, plain and simple.
And they take more abuse than nickel so how many passes do you think you could make on one charge?
Well, I can say I tested a boat yesterday in less than ideal conditions, windy and rough water. I made 5 sets of passes on 1 charge, about 700 feet each way. Motor came in at 108 (no water cooling) speedo came in at 110 w/water cooling and the 4350s came in at 101. With a mild shakedown combo the boat was 8 MPH faster than the current record. The only problem I had was a bit of swelling on the Cuda 125s caps, lots of part throttle running would do that.

Paul.

Paul

By "Whack" I meant using their potential - no need to hurt anything

I am surprised you had temperature in anything; I just looked at your ambient its about 50 degrees cooler than we have been racing in. Not even our water is that cold!

Andrew,

I and others have been testing lipos for 3yrs now. Hello? Anyone listening?

As a matter of fact we (CAFE) have ran the most amount of lipo allowed classes in '06.

Aside from a random class or two...noone else has done this.

We have learned alot about what to do and not to do. Again.....use 75-80% of what the cells can do...that includes amp draw AND capacity. Does this not come through clear to you? If you want to keep eluding to fact that you know and can do so much more with your knowledge of lipo bring it on.

You do not "whack" these cells....your interpretation is "using their potential". Are your talking about amp pull? If so Why? I have explained to you and others that if you use these cells to their fullest you will have a pile of goo in your hull.

Now how Paul chooses to use his cells in the saws is Pauls perogative.

He could "whack" 'em just as well as anyone else but he chooses not to. I would suspect that Paul wishes to keep using his cells and hulls.

As a matter of fact we (CAFE) have ran the most amount of lipo allowed classes in '06.Aside from a random class or two...noone else has done this.
So you are saying you (CAFE) have a big advantage in knowledge over the other clubs now they are allowed?

And now you wonder why people feel bad about them beeing allowed without an official phase in period?

I just could'nt resists.

Nope not even close Joerg. You really don't know who I or what concerns I have for our oval racing in the States. My entire push is to run longer. Not to build the 200 amp 20,000 mah beasts that you seem to be so afraid of.

This has been no secret and is not even a consideration (one up'ing everyone).

If you really knew me you would know that I have shared more information about my setups and usage of lipo than many others have.

You must have not read the numerous posts that I personally have made over the years. But like you, many have not paid attention and are now asking the same questions already answered.

I do know that our experience has been drawn upon by many who wish to utilize this technology and will help anyone who needs it. A fellow boater once told me that they get the feeling I would rather see my competition as fast as me rather than kick everyones tail. You would not know this seeing as how you only attent 1 saw event in the US per year and have never attempted to run with us or any other group in an oval event(to the best of my knowledge).

Oh and another fact....I did not join NAMBA nor did I vote for their lipo proposal (too many holes in it). I have only planned on using an IMPBA card this year.

Very profesional of you Joerg.

Hey Kelly, the horse is a piece of schnitzel now.

You really don't know who I or what concerns I have for our oval racing in the States.
Well, you don't know me either and you don't listen to what I say. The rest has been said at least 10 times.

Joerg how do you know its ten times? Did you count? I bet you cheated and used fingers on both hands! :)

Got to say guys, (not as a mod or anything) but I am sick of reading the same things being posted again and again...thankfully Darin isn't poking the fire aswell LOL Sorry Darrin I had to.

BTW Mate, I realised you (Darrin J that is) and I have the same birthdate, just a little difference in age ;-) CHEERS

Kris

I can attest to Alans integrity along with many others I'm sure.

At the 2005 nats after the first set of heats I had a first and so did he in another heat.

He gave me a set of trim plates to help a handling issue with my hull. He didnt have to do that.

I ended up with with two 1st's and one second. He ended up with 3 1st's taking the class.

He's a competitor and a good person for the hobby.

Like I have said before its time to start testing, learning and more importantly racing.

Steve

Well said ( lol a former PanAm N2 mono winner couldnt be anything else!)

It will be interesting to see what you guys uncover over the coming summer. Mine has been interesting, illuminating and enjoyable. The Lipo boats are more fun than anything I own and easier to look after than an LSH.

Andrew although I love racing, A once a year race 1000 miles away doesn't curb my fe addiction. So I mainly FE sport boat.

I'm dieing to tape into 10 plus minute run times at fast speeds. It will be more about figuring out how to stop heat buildup

and damage at lower currents but for far longer runtimes than I run right now.

As far as racing goes, the nice thing about this hobby is the willingness to want others to join in. Several racers have emailed

me lipo setups for racing. With limited free testing time, I feel I have a major head start because of their help.

It seems I may have to open the wallet to find some cash for some "neu" stuff. Thats the hard part!! LOL

It seems I may have to open the wallet to find some cash for some "neu" stuff. Thats the hard part!! LOL
If you REALLY want to buck all the experts who said that some "neu" stuff wasn't necessary to be competitive, AndrewG was having a heck of a blowout sale on Neus over on the other site... Looks like there are/were some proper motors there for some of the bigger stuff (12+ cells...), and a few for the lower cell counts...

:ph34r:

;)

neu set the 6 cells or 2S mono record.

but I don't know of any others. The rest where set by Lehner or Nemsis (at least 8 that I know of) to include the 68mph Q tunnel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back