RHTmarine sport 21 Gen 2A

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
finaly have a decent cowl on the boat...gonna use the forward cowl catch Andy uses on his riggers on the nose,and cabinet latches in the rear...(well I am a cabinet maker!!)

looks like it's rounding turn 4!

sport21 001.JPG

Darn it Bob that thing looks awesome. I may need one to kick my brothers whiplash with.
default_biggrin.png

Made progress today...I really like the look. Its basically that gen 2 hull...with a little added crown and no non-trip on the afterplane. I think that combined with the new cowl, make it look more like a 5 liter than any of my previous hulls. Thats a look I've always wanted. Getting rid of the non-trip lightens the rear section of the boat. Less lift needed...the sponsons haven't changed...it will still have a bellypan. Bob
Bob Whats the measurement from sponson tip to first bulkhead?
From tip to 1st bulkhead 12" afterplane is 18-1/4"

Made some progress today...ride pads are done...made a radio box...cut in and temporarily mounted the strut.
Bob are you sure? in IMPBA the Pickle depth can only be 25% of the total length

I would consider the first bulkhead the trailing edge of the sponson...if you are talking about the pickle forks...thats a different question. that is about 7-3/4" with a 1-1/2" winglet... I race in NAMBA and build to suit that... My stuff has always been legal, but again, I build to run NAMBA. Hope that answers your question...

Bob, check the Namba rule book, section 20,page 2,number 13, Revision 2/19/08 "on pickle fork hulls length A plus B must not exceed 25% of total hull length, unless otherwise specified in specific class rules"

the measurement is from the front sponson tip to the front of the winglet, then the measurement from the rear of the winglet to the front of the belly pan. I hope this won't affect your design, looks great by the way. Rick

Darn it Bob that thing looks awesome. I may need one to kick my brothers whiplash with.
default_biggrin.png
Mark, I would love to build you a boat...Minnesota, don't think I have a boat runnin there yet
default_wink.png
Bob, Mark had one at one time. He got scared and sold it before it was wet. Larry Conrad of MN has one of your hulls (believe like the M&M boat), very nice. I've been on Larry for two yrs to get it running. The 2014 season looks like a hit for this class in our club (TCMBC) as we will have 5-6 running at times! This hull looks primo! Keep up the great work.

Bob, will you be coming to the Namba Nats for 2014? would be great to race the M&M's against you. Rick

I'm gonna try to get up there for sure! Ok, the length of the boat is 30-3/8 " long...(7.59 inches=25%) measurement from picklefork openning to tip is 7-5/8" -1.5 wing= 6.08" that equates to roughly 20%... boat is legal in NAMBA

I'm gonna try to get up there for sure! Ok, the length of the boat is 30-3/8 " long...(7.59 inches=25%) measurement from picklefork openning to tip is 7-5/8" -1.5 wing= 6.08" that equates to roughly 20%... boat is legal in NAMBA
Cool, I take it it's legal for IMPBA also?

I don't have a IMPBA rule book...there are the measurements. maybe someone could check and let us know.

Guys, I checked the IMPBA rulebook. the rule reads the same for both organizations...we're good to go.

hey guys, xmas is over and I'm back at it...I have 4 boats cut out and ready for assembly. I also have the woodwork on my proto type done. I made a couple of minor changes in the next batch. I have two boats spoken for and two available...I'm selling them for 400.00 plus shipping...includes a built radio box and epoxy cowl...STAY TUNED!!

sport21 001.JPG

sport21 002.JPG

sport21 003.JPG

sport21 005.JPG

Bob any ideas of making a Sport 40 like this sport 20? Already have a Whip FE but looking to build a Sport 40 for Q FE class need to be able to put in 6 s batteries let me know if this is something in the future? Jerry

Tim, you are on the list...PM sent

Thanks, Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I have one left...act now if you want in on this build. Thanks, Bob

Bob, questions.

What pipe is pictured in post #49?

Thanks

TL

Latest posts

Back