So I Am Off And Running

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AzMandella

So since I have decided to get back into R/C Boats I have done my homework and started buying things .
I have bought so far ;
1-.21 T21-5M/2 MARINE ENGINE got it with pipe and header for 210.00 off ebay New.
1-.67 TO-BE DIRECT DRIVE MARINE ENGINE W/ REAR EXHAUST
Futaba 4PM w/2 R334SBS receivers
1-Savox SW1250MG Servo
1-Savox SW0250MG Servo
1-Sport 20 Frame kit from Bob Tuttle

A set of templates and 2 cowlings for a Dumas Eagle Sport 40 From Hydro Junkie . I already have a new set plans I got from Dumas a couple weeks ago .

And this weekend my son and I will be working the new boat shop building room . I have a fully enclosed shed on the carport that is 10' X 10' . I also have another shed that we have completely cleaned out and will be hanging shelves to empty the boat room into . Once empty I have a friend coming to dry wall two of the interior walls as the other 2 are brick . I have bench top frames with shelves being made which will have 2' X 10' and 3' X 8' X 1-1/2" thick maple countertops . And have ordered wall mount cabinets . Once the room is done . It's game on . I will post pics of the progress . Thinking end of the month on finishing the room .

Thanks for everyones help and input .

Marvin Chapman

Looks Like you have some work ahead of you! You only need a 100 oz. servo for a 20 boat. Save the 250 for the 67.

Brad
According to Savox web page the

SW1250MG
Torque @ 6.0v - 5.0 kg-cm/69.4 oz-in
torque @ 7.4v - 8.0 kg-cm/111.1 oz-in

SW0250MG
Torque @4.8v - 3.5kg/48.6oz-in
Torque @6v -5.0kg/69.4oz-in

According to Savox web page the

SW1250MG
Torque @ 6.0v - 5.0 kg-cm/69.4 oz-in
torque @ 7.4v - 8.0 kg-cm/111.1 oz-in

SW0250MG
Torque @4.8v - 3.5kg/48.6oz-in
Torque @6v -5.0kg/69.4oz-in
The sport 20 is Good enough SW1250MG for rudder & SW0250 MG for throttle and 3rd mixture needle but depend on room radio box

Marvin,
Welcome back to the hobby. Lots of great people and plenty of advice available on this site. Good luck with everything. Hope to see you at a race in 2021.

Sound's like you've been bitten really hard by "the bug". Just remember, finish one before you start the next and all will be good. BTW, what kind of paper do you prefer for the templates? I can do standard drawing paper, tracing paper or something else if it would work better

Sound's like you've been bitten really hard by "the bug". Just remember, finish one before you start the next and all will be good. BTW, what kind of paper do you prefer for the templates? I can do standard drawing paper, tracing paper or something else if it would work better
Yeah I've been bitten . I have been in one form of racing or another throughout my whole life . My dad raced B-Econo funnycars and endurance boats in the 70's and I spent 10yrs racing as crew and crew chief in Latemodel Sportsman in the NASCAR racing series . Have not raced for 10 yrs or so and it is time . Just cheaper this way . I also still do V-drive boats . Am completely restoring a 69' Mandella Sk with a FE 427 right now .
Standard Tracing paper . I assume your going to trace them but not cut them out ?

Last edited:
Standard Tracing paper . I assume your going to trace them but not cut them out ?
That's kind of what I was thinking as I've been under the impression that you were going to scan them into a CAD program and go from there. It would also preclude the chance of lost templates since some of the parts are not very large or can be easily torn due to the nature of the design

So, Mike, are you thinking I should make templates from that material instead? Next question is what is it, a flexible plastic, hard plastic or something else?

I am going to make steel templates out of 22ga sht . I am in the steel business and have a plasma machine .

So, Mike, are you thinking I should make templates from that material instead? Next question is what is it, a flexible plastic, hard plastic or something else?

Its super template material. Its weird.. you can draw on it with a pen of pencil.. you can score and break it.. its flexible.. super easy to work with..

Grim

Sounds like some good stuff. I will have to see about ordering some, along with a few other things I saw on their website. My only problem is they don't appear to take anything but paypal and I don't have an account. Any way that you know about getting around that, Mike?

Mark,

I know that you can link PP to a CC# for eBay. Don't know about other vendors... Might be worth looking into.

Thanks. Brad.
Titan Racing Components
BlackJack Hydros
Model Machine and Precision LLC

Back