RHTmarine sport 21 Gen 2A

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm liking it

is that what the hull is gonna look like?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, District 9 had their awards banquet last night and I donated one of my new hulls. My very good friend Tony Ojeda acquired the boat from Glenn. He wants to run the boat in P spec hydro...I'm pretty excited to turn the corner into FE racing... With the help of some gifted FE guys in our district, this could really blossom into a great opportunity as a boat builder...

Har, Har !!! Was Glenn playing Hot Potato???

Glad to hear that Bob. I have contemplated getting into FE also, doing some research so I won't use a motor or ESU as a fuse.

CHEERS !!! Bob

Guys, getting ready to laminate cowl plug...wax on wax off

20131125_141413.jpg

20131125_141406.jpg

It will work...In one of the last hulls I built, we off set the engine to fit the wrap header. It's a 5" engine well...You will have to modify the mount to fit. I don't like gluing blocks and using a 4" mount in a five inch well. With a front box, we need clearance for linkage. You can send me a mount, your engine and header, and I'll make sure it fits.

Bob

notice in the pic that the mount has been modified to move the engine over 1/4" to the right. This enabled the wrap header to fit under a cowl that may be slightly narrower. Also...we have another whole inch of width to work with...drop mount from a mono puts the header near the base of the cowl, it's widest point...

off set mount.jpg

Har, Har !!! Was Glenn playing Hot Potato???

Glad to hear that Bob. I have contemplated getting into FE also, doing some research so I won't use a motor or ESU as a fuse.

CHEERS !!! Bob
It was tempting to keep it but Bob is trying to build up the class. I didn't budget for .21 motors next year and Tony really wanted it.

Here's a modified Tuttle hull I may run again someday. Needs a new cowl and want to move the radio box to the front.

DPP_00161024x575.jpg

Rich...pipe goes straight back and exits either at the cowl or transom...which engine are you running??? A mac??I thought you were running a rear exhaust NR.

wow that hull would be great aginst the whips in fe p-spec....tons of room for the batteries up front and all...I take it it will be less then 34 inches.....looks great too

The hull is 30 inches long...what do most of the P-spec hydros measure? Are all the motor mounts the same? I need to do some research. I will build you one...400.00 shipped in US

havent decided which one yet. I have a MAC but I also have an Andy Brown Converted MAC outboard or

I was going to get a 21DD from Glenn

Made progress today...I really like the look. Its basically that gen 2 hull...with a little added crown and no non-trip on the afterplane. I think that combined with the new cowl, make it look more like a 5 liter than any of my previous hulls. Thats a look I've always wanted. Getting rid of the non-trip lightens the rear section of the boat. Less lift needed...the sponsons haven't changed...it will still have a bellypan. Bob

20131201_153513.jpg

20131201_153502.jpg

5 liter smaller pic.jpg

Guys got the winglets glued in today...I'm pretty stoked with the boat...got the look I was striving for...sometimes you start building and you just wing it!

Latest posts

Back