RHTmarine sport 21 Gen 2A

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

namba276

guys, I couldn't help myself...Just had to build a new sport 21 hull. I sold everything I had back in 2009, but found templates from my first version. I have made some changes to that version, so Gen 1A it is. I made the engine bay 5" wide instead of 4" as on the previous hull. I'm also adding a built in front radio box. Cowl will resemble a 5 liter hydro. Real excited about this build, and will share progress pics along the way...

after finding a pic of all my versions...it's now gen 2A...

gen 1a.jpg

gen1a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I have the framework glued up and have been working on the new cowl plug...stay tuned!

20131115_132117.jpg

Welcome back Bob.

I too have taken breaks over the years, but this stuff gets into your bones I think. I tried R/C airplanes - if I could fly them straight out, at or below eye level , without having to get a kink in my neck - I would. Too age challenged to fly Pylon, so boats will be it for me.

Lookin' Good Bob. What was the orange one pic dated 08/20/2007?? CHEERS !!! Bob

Welcome back Bob.

I too have taken breaks over the years, but this stuff gets into your bones I think. I tried R/C airplanes - if I could fly them straight out, at or below eye level , without having to get a kink in my neck - I would. Too age challenged to fly Pylon, so boats will be it for me.

Lookin' Good Bob. What was the orange one pic dated 08/20/2007?? CHEERS !!! Bob
I think so...I had built that white boat with orange tips back...I think 2000 or so... maybe even earlier than that. We went to the 07 nats in san jose ca. and had no sport 21 hulls at that time. I borrowed a hull from a friend, the same as the white one, and borrowed a mac 21 from another friend. My son Jeff raced it at the nats. It was real fast... I had never run a mac in my boats before and found something that day, my first version was the best I had done. So...I'm building this new boat modeled after that first version. The bottom is the same. I widened the engine well to better fit a front radio box and maybe a wrap around header for those running a Nova or similar. I like the look of the 5 liter hydros so my cowl is shaped as such. I'm very excited to get it done. It sports a vented nose with winglets, not the shovel style as with my last version. I just scored a new mac 21 and have ordered a pipe from Scott Bouchie. My kids are all grown and I wont be campaigning 14 boats anymore. I'm putting my best into this build.

thanks for your interest...and STAY TUNED!!

Bob

Making progress...starting to look like a boat. sponsons are wood over foam...as are the afterplane non trips...built in floatation! makes a stout sponson too.

20131120_081443.jpg

I got the tunnel top glued in today and will post pics when I get all the clamps off!!

I need ply...Actually I'm going to start two...One will be raffled off at our district awards banquet. Thats one way to revive the class ;)

I guess Guppy will help me infiltrate district 8 :rolleyes:

I found this pic in my gallery...So I'm actually building gen 2A. The yellow boat starting from right to left, was the first version maybe #6...I built 4-5 the first year the class ran in district 9. The year before I ran #1 in A-hydro. The 2nd boat from the right is a glass version of gen 2, which is the white/orange boat. The yellow "rigger style" boat came in a kit form and showed promise. The M&M's boat was the last version I did before the present version.

5 generations.jpg

Latest posts

Back