RHTmarine sport 21 Gen 2A

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Craig, I like it ALOT!! Should really run...I have lightened the rear afterplane portion of the boat, moved the radiobox forward and the engine slightly forward. The box was in the rear section. Balance should be quite a bit better...

Thanks, Bob

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, work has been busy so my progress slowed a little. I have been working on the cowl mold and started fitting the engine...I hope to have the woodwork done this weekend and maybe get the strut and stuffing tube installed...front exhaust engine will certainly work on the hull...Stay Tuned!!

Bob

sport21 001.JPG

sport21 002.JPG

sport21 004.JPG

Made progress today...I really like the look. Its basically that gen 2 hull...with a little added crown and no non-trip on the afterplane. I think that combined with the new cowl, make it look more like a 5 liter than any of my previous hulls. Thats a look I've always wanted. Getting rid of the non-trip lightens the rear section of the boat. Less lift needed...the sponsons haven't changed...it will still have a bellypan. Bob
Bob Whats the measurement from sponson tip to first bulkhead?

I got to get me one of those NR DD engines, but my NR 5-ports keep running, running, and running!
default_smile.png

Gonna be fast!

Made progress today...I really like the look. Its basically that gen 2 hull...with a little added crown and no non-trip on the afterplane. I think that combined with the new cowl, make it look more like a 5 liter than any of my previous hulls. Thats a look I've always wanted. Getting rid of the non-trip lightens the rear section of the boat. Less lift needed...the sponsons haven't changed...it will still have a bellypan. Bob
Bob Whats the measurement from sponson tip to first bulkhead?
From tip to 1st bulkhead 12" afterplane is 18-1/4"

Made some progress today...ride pads are done...made a radio box...cut in and temporarily mounted the strut.

sport21 005.JPG

sport21 003.JPG

sport21 002.JPG

Guys, I'm going to make a second cowl to fit engines with a wrap header. The current cowl is pretty narrow. Stay tuned for that. It will look more like my earlier style cowl.

I love the photo of your designs together! That is a great touch!

The M&M boat looks great.

I am also loving the lines on the current built you are showing. Wonder how it would go in SAW
default_smile.png

Love my whiplash, but need to keep options open
default_wink.png

Bob,

Are you going to kit these? I would love to electrify one.
I'm going to build to order...with the wood over foam sponsons, not sure everyone would be able to build them. I'm doing one for a fellow boater in my district for FE...thanks for the interest. Bob

Bob

Whats the hole in the bottom of the boat under the engine.Nice looking boat.

Dave

Thanks Dave...I think this boat is gonna haul...it will be very well balanced. STAY TUNED!! I have pics to add tonight

Latest posts

Back