Registering a boat on RCU ?...1993 Miss T-Plus

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamaha74

Is there any way to find out if anyone else has built / registered the same boat i have in http://www.rcunlimiteds.org/ ? I've seen some that are similar, like the T-Plus twin wing, but nothing that is the same. It is a 1993 Miss T-Plus, built by DPS Racing Hulls... pics attached. From what the website say's, they only allow "one" of each boat to be registered.

tplus1.jpg

Go to the RCU web site and click on the Imformation tab then the open the Master Hull Rooster and look at the Hull you have and see if there is a C or D in the status, if there is it is either in competition or developmental and it taken. If still in doubt get a hold of Scott Meyers the registar and he can make sure for you. If it is hull #8200 and it doesn't look like it is registared in RCU, but still needs to be measured to make sure it is legal in RCU. Are you planning on racing in RCU this year? If so welcome and have fun.

Nope, no C or D.... but the part i "don't" understand is, --- the T-Plus is listed as the 93-95. Did'nt the hull get changed to the twin wing design in late 94 or 95 ? During those 3 yrs of racing, exhaust stack's changed, graphics changed, wing's changed, then the whole hull changed to the twin wing design, but it does'nt appear anywhere in the master hull roster that it was designated a different hull number. The hull was run under the same number ( #9302 , U-2 ) from ' 93 to ' 02, with 19 different sponser names, and from what i can tell, my hull design, and the twin wing hull design, which definatly are different hulls, are listed under the same number .... i'm confused

Yamaha74,

The 1993 T-Plus team consisted of two hulls. Primary hull was MHR # 9302 - the new 2 wing hull, and the backup boat was ( your model I believe) - MHR #8200 93 U-2 Miss T-Plus (yellow). Most of the multi boat teams using the same sponsor have the same U-# on both their primary and secondary hulls. The most current exception to this would be the 2006 FormulaBoats.com boats. One was U-5 FormulaBoats.com,the other was U-7 FormulaBoats.com II. Both hulls look very similar. Hope this clarifys the U# issue for you. CHEERS !!! Bob

The boat in the picture is the 8200 hull, of which all the T-Plus registrations are open. That being said,you need to contact the R/C Unlimiteds registrar to verify this and to get more information. The only thing I'm not sure of is if anyone has the cowling and tail sets if you plan on building it. If so, Newton marine plan 163 would be the one you want to order. The address is www.newtonmarine.com Hope this helps

Is there any way to find out if anyone else has built / registered the same boat i have in http://www.rcunlimiteds.org/ ? I've seen some that are similar, like the T-Plus twin wing, but nothing that is the same. It is a 1993 Miss T-Plus, built by DPS Racing Hulls... pics attached. From what the website say's, they only allow "one" of each boat to be registered.
Yamaha74, your from Calgary right? Why not race with us in district 16? Namba? Get a hold of Paul Omerzu as he is the district 16 scale hydro chairman and he will register you here in district 16. I think we have about 15 scales that race between Calgary and Edmonton with 8 races (4 heats each)......

http://www.namba16.com/scaleregistrations.html

Thank's for the info hydro junkie.... now i can quit pulling my hair out ! lol. I had printed off the master hull roster, but had started printing with page 14, which starts at hull# 8401... no wonder i could'nt find it. The boat in the picture is the one i bought.... it was built and finished by DPS Racing Hulls... it's apparently been on the water a couple times. ---- Hi, Duck899... I remember seeing you're "Smokin Joes" run at the calgary pond... that's an awesome looking boat. I'll register it in the Calgary district ( thanks for the link ), but i figured i would register it in RCU... I might be going to the US in July or August, and maybe try to race there, as well. And also, if i would ever want to sell the boat (probably not, though )... it would be registered and documented for whoever want's to buy it.

Thank's for the info hydro junkie.... now i can quit pulling my hair out ! lol. I had printed off the master hull roster, but had started printing with page 14, which starts at hull# 8401... no wonder i could'nt find it. The boat in the picture is the one i bought.... it was built and finished by DPS Racing Hulls... it's apparently been on the water a couple times. ---- Hi, Duck899... I remember seeing you're "Smokin Joes" run at the calgary pond... that's an awesome looking boat. I'll register it in the Calgary district ( thanks for the link ), but i figured i would register it in RCU... I might be going to the US in July or August, and maybe try to race there, as well. And also, if i would ever want to sell the boat (probably not, though )... it would be registered and documented for whoever want's to buy it.
Yamaha74, to race in RCU once or twice, you do not have to register your hull. If you are a regular, then they will want you to register. I used to go to Tri-Cities and Seattle every year in the 90's and you only need to join APBA which is their insurance organization. Even then, you can buy a 1 race insurance package. Same goes with northwest unlimiteds......They treat you as a guest and welcome you to their races. I've seen as many as 3-4 Atlas Van Lines hulls (82) at the Seattle kingdome mini gold cup races......Only 1 was registered, (Don Mocks).

Thank's for the info... from what i can tell, the registration is only $15... is that not correct ? if not, how much is it to join RCU ?

Thank's for the info... from what i can tell, the registration is only $15... is that not correct ? if not, how much is it to join RCU ?
$15 plus APBA insurance, which is probably around $75. It may be a requirement to join. Not sure anymore though.

To keep the registration, you must at least attend 2 different races and finish a heat. I seem to recall. Plus pay your dues.

Mike

Back