Reef Racer2 as a retrieve vessel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure someone on this forum is using the Reef Racer to retrieve wiyh via a fishing line tied to the transom. Any tips like pulling a ball or bobber etc behind it and any learned techniques would be appreciated.
The method that works best is to use the reef racer to take the line out to the dead boat and then circle it, shut off and reel both back in to shore.

Trying to come up with some sort of push or snag and drive back syestem will make you crazy :lol:
Ya, what he said,! Just use an open face reel so you don't drag the boat down on the way out.

Scott, there was a tip in an old Boat Modeler mag about using a bow and arrow with fishing line attached!!! But knowing you, you'll shoot your eye out. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You dont have to worry about Scott shoting his eye out because that would be my specialty been there and that BB gun at age 5 :eek: :eek: :lol: :lol:

I bought a ZZR for retrieving my dead upright floating boats. I used a cup hook mounted low on the transom and connected one of the balls that comes with it. It works OK for small boats but wouldn't try it for anything over .21's.

My biggest problem is that I'd throw it in the water then play with it until the battery pack went dead.

I'm sure someone on this forum is using the Reef Racer to retrieve wiyh via a fishing line tied to the transom. Any tips like pulling a ball or bobber etc behind it and any learned techniques would be appreciated.
On the front of my retrieval boat I have a 4 inch piece of 1/2 inch nylon rope that if unbraided. Makes for a giant birdnest that is guranateed to snag on anything. Then I just reel them both in. If I miss on the first attempt I reel the boat back to keep the line out of the prop and try again. Works great!

Last edited by a moderator:
i built a small electric reteival boat out of balsa,,,, no matter what i did it just was a pain to get my hydro back... i ended up buying a 12 ft aluminum boat...made my life so much easier.... but i would have to say that the fishing line being carried out is the best idea...imho

Back