Our club retrieval boat was stolen last night

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waltr

Dang it!!!

I got a call today telling me our retrieval boat was stolen last night. :(

I just got back from filling out the police reports, just what I wanted to do this eve.

We left it cabled up last night and this AM the cable was cut and the boat was gone. :angry:

It was a 2007 Jon boat and was perfect for us. They even got the boat stand inside :angry: :angry:

Next I'm going to the registration office to make sure they're aware also. Hopefully we can catch this SOB with #s, but it's probably unlikely.

Rotten thieves!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I see that it's time to start tossing people off the lake! We've been letting trespassers off too easily. There was a lot of activity there yesterday with the off-roaders using the outdoor track plus people running that raft around.

Walt, was it insured? If you need some money to get us another boat I might be able to come up with a couple of hundred.

Somebody knew what they were after and had the tool to cut through that heavy cable. It would have been easier to cut through the handle.

The boat stand is no big deal, I can whip up one of those in no time or grab one that I no longer have a boat for.

Just found this one locally: http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/boa/1256595604.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Ron,

Randys dad donated a 12' fiberglass boat we're going to try out. I don't know how heavy it is, but the price is right.

It should work until I find another 10' Jon boat. I'd like another boat that one person can handle and launch like the one we had and I DON'T want to take the Kayak out of retirement either.

If we get another 10footer, John said we can store it in the shed, a 12' won't fit.

Thanks for the offer, we might need it in the future.

Back