OPC Tunnel P-Spec Build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My frist thought too was thats about to blow off..lol..

Watch the TS-3 video on the AquaCraft website for a good ride for that boat.

Grim

Here ya go http://www.aquacraft...ed-3/index.html
Grim,

That photo was taken by a photographer who looks for "exciting pictures" that was at the height of a bounce. It did blow off once but I was using a shorter fatter battery which set my CG farther back but man was this thing quick. Like I said earlier, I put a spanking on a stiletto with lawless lower and stock 1800kv on 5S. I'll get some pics with the AQ 2030 and maybe you guys can add some input on the cornering issue.

O yea.. we can help and THE reason for that OS lower.

Place a .012" shim under the BOTTOM of the mount pad, between the mount pad and the transom. Then re-trim.. Let us know how that goes.

AND ALSO.. LIFT going into the corners and roll back on the power as you apex the turn..

Grim

Travis,

Whatever Grim says just do, he designed the hull. The photo does show a high flyer. Get the boat settled down. I haven't run a TS-3 in a race yet but going around the bouys in calm water I get comfortable not lifting at all. Test test test, setup and props.

Mic

Looks like I finally got this one dialed in. I added the shims as grim said then re-trimmed and It turns great. I had it out today and it was windy and choppy. It handled great, a few times I hit some chop and got some air but the boat stayed flat. It seemed really well balanced. It did blow over a few times but a little trim helped that issue. I GPS'd it at 50.0 mph w/ Aqua2030, T120, Dinogy 4S 6000, and m545. I'm prolly not gonna set any records but it sure seems to be a good heat race setup. Now I just need to get the local guys motivated to race. Only problem is nobody wants to race when they see I have the fastest boat, ha. Thanks to all for the advice couldn't done it without ya. I'll try and post some vids.

Congrats Travis,

Truth is I dont chase MPH.. I dont care to much about that.

Say it with me

Handling

Handling

Handling

Grim

What Mike says. Sound like you have the speed, just get her fine tuned on the handling.

Mike can win races with an outboard strapped to a 2x4. It might not be the fastest boat on the pond (although likely close to it), but you can bet your bottom dollar its the best handling 2x4 you'll ever see. He aint a bad driver either.

Congrats Travis,

Truth is I dont chase MPH.. I dont care to much about that.

Say it with me

Handling

Handling

Handling

Grim
Grim,

Everyone at the lake always asks me "How fast does it go?" and everyone else throws out wild numbers 65 70 etc. So I finally bought a GPS. Funny thing is all the estimates that were thrown out there were way off. lol. I totally agree with you. I really try not to focus on mph. It doesn't matter how fast you can go if the boat's upside down. I've really come to enjoy the challenges of the OPC tunnel class. It seems to be a whole different ball game then some of the other hull types.

I'm having one more issue that I seem to need some help with. The hull seems to take on alot of water. I have two holes drilled in the front inside of the sponsons to drain and I tape those up when running. But everytime I run I have to drain quite a bit of water out. Anyone have any suggestions how I can trouble shoot this. I was thinking of filling the hull with water from the front drain holes and look for water leaking out. or just install auto bailers on both sides so the water drains while driving

Try the ole bathtub test. Pull all the electronics out and tape up the boat real real good. Hold it underwater for a few seconds and look for bubbles. You may only need to partially submerge the boat half way up the radio box without pulling out all the gear. Did you seal around the radio box so water doesnt seep down the side and under it into the hull ?

Mike,

I used silicone sealant alla round the radio box. After my last post I fillled the bath and right before I puit the boat in the water I noticed that the radio box had pulled away from the hull and created a gap between the silicone. I pulled the r box out and scraped away all of the silicone and re-sealed it with 5 min epoxy. I had a pretty bad blow over the last day i ran it. it was very choppy and prolly 15-20 mph wind gusts. It blew off and broke the top motor mount.

Back