OPC Tunnel P-Spec Build

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I've come up with a solution to my steering system issue with the stock mount. All I have to do is put my push rod seals on the inside of the radio box instead of the outside. The reason I wanted to use the hijack mount is becuase it has a farther setback than the stock O.S. mount. My plan was to mount the hijack lower than stock specs so I can get the right prop height but set the prop shaft farther back. I also like the ability to adjust the hinge pin angle, although I know moving the hinge pin too far aft can have adverse affects on cornering. Looks like I have everything to get the lower mounted and install the steering cables. I'll work on that and get some pics. Thanks again to all for the contributions.

Travis

I just bench tested my setup with the PB 60amp and aqua 1800. motor runs for 1/2 second then quits. I tested with another 1800 kv motor and it works fine. Any help????

I hope your "bench test" wasn't at full throttle - that does nothing good and plenty bad. How much charge did you have in the packs? Same packs for each motor? Same radio?

only difference is the motor, fully charged packs, same radio, a quick pull of the trigger to full. just enough to verify the correct rotation. The only thing thing I can think is that the aqua is a 6 pole motor verses a 4 pole.

Maiden voyage today. It ran great I hooked once but didn't flip. The transom held up awesome. I hit a submerged conduit and the the boat face planted at full throttle. I brought it back in and no cracks still solid as ever. i think that'll prolly be the worst hit It'll ever take. I am running aqua ESC Aqua 2030 Dinogy 6000mah w/ octura m445. Temps came in warm on the m445. I have m545 and 645's to test later this week. I'll get a vid and some final build pics posted this weekend. thanks again for all the help. I couldn't a done it with out IW.

Cheers my friends!

Travis

I've had some time to test run and it seems I've started a new fad at the local pond. I have 4 more to build.

Dick Loeb,

Sure enough the 645 blew out a cap on the aqua esc. If I upgrade to a 120 would it be able to handle the 645, cuz it was banging with the 645. It was faster than my friends stiletto on 5S

Here's some pics of the new builds

DSC03175.jpg
DSC03175.jpg
DSC03177.jpg
DSC03178.jpg
DSC03179.jpg
DSC03180.jpg

I've had some time to test run and it seems I've started a new fad at the local pond. I have 4 more to build.

Dick Loeb,

Sure enough the 645 blew out a cap on the aqua esc. If I upgrade to a 120 would it be able to handle the 645, cuz it was banging with the 645. It was faster than my friends stiletto on 5S
Congrats on the build. Nice job.

The 120 might be enough with the 645 but you're probably also stressing the motor with that prop. It's only a matter of time before it goes bye-bye too. If you havent already, replace the bullets on the esc to motor connection. The stock Aquacraft 4mm male bullets are known to fail.... and when they do, they have been known to take out both the motor and esc.

Tony, Second boat from the left looks like a Aquacraft VS-1.

Last edited by a moderator:
At this point I've only run the TS3 and a Vision 40. The vision 40 handled "on rails". But it was also setup by a long time racer. I'll post an review once I get each one of these hulls built up.

Here's a pic. I'm running an old spartan motor. The proboat esc would not work with the Aqua 2030. I ended up buying a seaking 120.

In the picture ProBoat 60 amp ESC, Spartan 3674/1800, Dinogy 4S 6000mah, Octura M445 S&B Reduced tongue

IMG_4874.jpg

Here's a pic. I'm running an old spartan motor. The proboat esc would not work with the Aqua 2030. I ended up buying a seaking 120.

In the picture ProBoat 60 amp ESC, Spartan 3674/1800, Dinogy 4S 6000mah, Octura M445 S&B Reduced tongue

IMG_4874.jpg

Looks pretty sporty Travis. I'd say you made some good choices. Can you turn it under power flyin that high?

Mic

Last edited by a moderator:
It flies in the straights. I smoked my friends lawless/stiletto on 5S. the cornering has been an issue. I have to corner at 1/2-3/4 throttle or it'll flip on the corners. Since the photo I have machined the motor adapter down about 1/4" to help lower the verticle CG. I've also swapped out the proboat ESC for the seaking 120 and the old 3674 spartan motor has been replaced with the aqua 3660 2030. I burned up the steering servo (a cheapo) so I'm dry docked until I get a new one. I'll try and get some pics of the latest setup.

Mic,

Do you have any suggestions to get this thing cornering well. Right now at speed it seems to trip and roll in the corner. I was thinking maybe adjusting the hinge pin angle with some shims. I've found it seems to turn better at speed with the lower trimed up. But it gets too light in the straights. So maybe if I shim the lower mount screws???

Back