OMC Mod-VP Gen 2

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Poole ModVP

Ready to race. Hey Mic, remember what you said to me at the WTC?......I need to do my homework. DONE!!

Wow, what a difference 1.25 in of length and some minor sponson chages made! Also the transom on this boat is 90 degrees to the bottom. As you can see it has a set back mount and it rus great, which is something Gen 1 did not do well with. Posting on the water pics as soon as I resize them. Here we come STORM!

Gen 2 001.jpg

Ready to race. Hey Mic, remember what you said to me at the WTC?......I need to do my homework. DONE!!

Wow, what a difference 1.25 in of length and some minor sponson chages made! Also the transom on this boat is 90 degrees to the bottom. As you can see it has a set back mount and it rus great, which is something Gen 1 did not do well with. Posting on the water pics as soon as I resize them. Here we come STORM!
Mark,

Looks good. Should be an interesting race, we will have to see what Shawn comes up with and the new kids on the block are on the horizon. Maybe this will put Mod-VP back on the map again. Looking forward to Saturday. I have done a little sponson work and improved handling but cannot say its any faster. Maybe I will have to do some more work before the WTC.

Mic

It was pretty windy here today and the lake, although not real rough, had a good chop on one end. Amazing how much better this boat turns and handles the wind. Prop shaft was set level angle and ran with no added weight in the boat. One is already promised out because I told him this boat would be better than Gen 1.

This boat has a removeable radio box. Some of the people that have the Gen 1 told me they would rather do their own radio box instead of having it built into the hull. I am going to build another glass box, just make it removeable. Wood boxes are a lot of work! Looking forward to the time trials with this boat.

I am out of radio box tape. Someone bring an extra roll to the race! Maybe the Godfather........ :lol:

I am out of radio box tape. Someone bring an extra roll to the race! Maybe the Godfather........ :lol:
Funny you should mention radio box tape and the Godfather in the same sentence. He was at the pond yesterday shufflin' through my toolbox looking for just that.

I may have to take a good look at your boat when you get here.

See you Saturday

I have no secrets about boats, even with you Fingers! Always willing to talk shop and swap ideas on hull design. I get a kick out of the guys at the lifesize races who show up with a curtain around the boat to hide the bottom. As soon as it is upside down everybody gets a good look anyway! I have a good pic of the bottom but the file resizing just is not co operating here. :p

Latest posts

Back