Mod VP rules

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What would be really cool is if we could make up cowlings for Mod Vp. Jeff Connelly was starting to make a cowl for stock 40, but I think I need to get him to start one for a os instead.
no worries, I am already working on a set... will fit O.S., thunder chicken, modify to fit k&b... some guys in canada are having me build some and when its done I have the molds.

On the serious side of this thread......

Ever since pics of my boats went online 5 or 6 years ago I have built boats for people in different parts of the country and Canada. Some of these guys just wanted to own a unique hull. I know the Longboard crew have sold some. If all these people showed up in the same place you are looking at at least 35 to 40 boats including the present racers. Now, get some guys to pull those monos out of the corner and come play and who knows..... ;)

Anyone interested, please read those specs in the link a few posts back. What is cool about this class is there are many different ways to design a boat that meets the rules. In a nutshell, this is where the "hybrid" boat can race. Those designs that don't fit into one category, other than just the general definition of hydro. And being Sport outboards, they are not expensive. :)

**** Mark! You had to start a war...didn't ya! MERCURY for me boys. I think I can cover up OMC.
Having helped Terry in the off seasons in the past, you know my answer .

MERCURY
wink.gif

Andy
if it ain't black, it don't belong on the back :ph34r: 'nuff said.

What would be really cool is if we could make up cowlings for Mod Vp. Jeff Connelly was starting to make a cowl for stock 40, but I think I need to get him to start one for a os instead.
no worries, I am already working on a set... will fit O.S., thunder chicken, modify to fit k&b... some guys in canada are having me build some and when its done I have the molds.
OH YEAH,,, ITS GONNA BE A MERC 4SHOW

Robin,

Chryslers were out of racing when the Mod-VP's came along so it would not be period correct. However I may have to do my 20 tunnel up as the "Chrysler Crew". I can see Mark Hopper now sitting there in front of his computer shaking his head! :lol:

Robin,

Chryslers were out of racing when the Mod-VP's came along so it would not be period correct. However I may have to do my 20 tunnel up as the "Chrysler Crew". I can see Mark Hopper now sitting there in front of his computer shaking his head! :lol:

WANKEL !! Sure wish there was manufacturer influence in tunnel racing today . You guys see that new IO F1 setup ???

Yep, kinda tells me that Europe will soon phase out 2 strokes. Ever notice that everytime you see Somali pirates on the news what they have on the back of their boats? Yamaha C series 2 strokes. Engines that we are no longer allowed to buy, the pirates can get them all they want.

Did not think about the wankel. Maybe I will do that on my B Mod tunnel. B)

mark, if we could just figure a stacker setup that would work on a 20 mod............btw, screw period correct, it would just look KILLER B)

Or maybe a bearcat stacker HUMMMMMMMMMM ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Man, a Homelite Bearcat, that would be wild. I remember the first time I took a cowl off a Bearcat 4 cycle 55, what a unique motor for its time.

The Chrysler Stacker, I can remember JOC and Hazelhurst and that sound, from miles away....Mark, paint it baby blue, and make stacks for the cowl... :D Post a pic of the Allison for all of us again..

Back