Official NASCAR thread???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still fight like a bunch of girls. WWF at it's best.
default_biggrin.png

Yup. I watched videos from several angles today and still didn't see where they really made contact with each other but both of them walking away with split lips. I've got an idea that they both got those from crew members.

It was amusing as Brad parked in front of Paul Menard's pit so they had a front-row seat to the action then joined in on the party!

There is a new thing going around right now called #Harvicking, instigating a fight then running away. Happy wanted Brad to step up and quit running his mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to see Ryan take it but if I had to I'd put my money on Happy.

Phoenix has always been a junk track and so is Homestead so it'll be more of a survival race.

In those closing laps I wanted to see Martin get closer to Ryan to help him get further to the front.

Yes, there will be officials but they'll be sitting on their fat duffs watching monitors in an air-conditioned trailer. Cars may come away from pit stops missing a lug nut on each wheel for faster times in the pits and doing whatever else they can out of sight of the cameras.

Brian France's new ideas are going to ruin the sport more than he already has. No more souveneir trailers as you'll have to go into a big tented area to buy your hats, T-shirts, die-cast, etc. The teams will have to add more help to man their booths as the stuff will have to be unloaded then reloaded at every track. Shoplifting will go through the roof. For most teams that already sold swag in trailers it was already a barely break-even deal with what NASCAR charged them for a trailer spot now it will cost even more for a place under the tent.

Racetracks are already removing seats that they haven't been able to fill. Bristol used to have a reserve list of people wanting to go to a race there. Now it's easy to get tickets. Less seats means that they can claim that the races are sold-out or claim a higher capacity. Watch most races on TV and the cameras try to avoid showing how many open seats there are.

Yes, there will be officials but they'll be sitting on their fat duffs watching monitors in an air-conditioned trailer. Cars may come away from pit stops missing a lug nut on each wheel for faster times in the pits and doing whatever else they can out of sight of the cameras.

Brian France's new ideas are going to ruin the sport more than he already has. No more souveneir trailers as you'll have to go into a big tented area to buy your hats, T-shirts, die-cast, etc. The teams will have to add more help to man their booths as the stuff will have to be unloaded then reloaded at every track. Shoplifting will go through the roof. For most teams that already sold swag in trailers it was already a barely break-even deal with what NASCAR charged them for a trailer spot now it will cost even more for a place under the tent.

Racetracks are already removing seats that they haven't been able to fill. Bristol used to have a reserve list of people wanting to go to a race there. Now it's easy to get tickets. Less seats means that they can claim that the races are sold-out or claim a higher capacity. Watch most races on TV and the cameras try to avoid showing how many open seats there are.
Ron, I would think the tire changers will have to wear a body cam to detect missing lug nuts. Yup, heard they were pulling seats and reducing number of suites.
default_ph34r.png

Speaking of souveneir (?) trailers, 20 something years ago when Mike Skinner was driving the 31 car for Richard Childress a friend that went to the races with us here in Richmond, Va. got a job driving the #31 souveneir trailer to the races across the country. From what I can remember most of the race teams contracted this business out. My friend did this for 2 years before his truck broke down on the way back from the West Coast and he decided to call it quits. Anyway, just to park his souvenier trailer at the Richmond race was $7,000. Other places were more, others less. They had to sell a lot of stuff just to break even with $10 and $15 hats and $15 and $20 T-shirts. Wasn't a bad job for a single guy, but not so much for someone with a family.

Dick Tyndall

just to park his souvenier trailer at the Richmond race was $7,000. Other places were more, others less. They had to sell a lot of stuff just to break even with $10 and $15 hats and $15 and $20 T-shirts. Wasn't a bad job for a single guy, but not so much for someone with a family.

Dick Tyndall
crazy, that's 466 hat's (@ $15.00ea) just to break-even

Yeah, cute wasn't it? That's Brian France for ya! That idiot is going to single-handedly ruin NASCAR. Clint Bowyer said how it is in his post-crash interview. Go back to one car at a time or at a Super-Speedway, 2 cars 1/2-lap apart.

DW, shut up. This moron must have forgotten what it was like on the track.

As far as Martin last night, great run. It's too bad that he lost his drafting partner, Joey Logano. Happy wasn't too happy about Joey helping him out though.

The qualifying format used today at Daytona is just as dumb as the rule NASCAR implemented where the top 35 in points were GUARANTEED a spot in the field. I realize that the rule was when NASCAR was having difficulty getting a full field of entries, & was to be sure that teams would show up at the races. But I hated it!! It meant that the top 35 did not need to run as hard as they could to race, & a team outside the top 35 could run faster than the slower of the 35 & STILL NOT GET IN THE RACE!?!?!? Oh hell no, you bring your best bullet to the track & run it. If it ain't fast enough, go home & make it better, IMO. Don't care who you are. Daytona has ALWAYS been like dirt track Saturday night. Qualify, set the front few, everyone else runs b mains ( the Thursday twin races) to get in & set the field. It was the one place left that NASCAR truly remembered it's roots. I've been going to daytona since the early 60's, they killed a lot of what it meant for me )-:

Back