Official NASCAR thread???

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That boy drove the wheels off that truck tonight! Too bad that at the end he had to use the wall to turn.

That boy drove the wheels off that truck tonight! Too bad that at the end he had to use the wall to turn.
last lap
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
default_laugh.png
heck the last 20 - boy wore it out- LOVE IT
default_cool.png

The kid should never been out on there with the cars still running especially wearing a black helmet and fire suit on a poorly lit dirt track. In the vid you can see the 46 car **** near hit him just before Sterwart did. While you certainly don't want to see someone killed that 20 year old kid broke the most basic of rules and paid for his stupidity with his life. Had he stayed with the car until the track personnel got there LIKE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO this story would not exist...............

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know (as of this moment) how he can still race today at The Glen. Other drivers might have a say in this as that will be too much of a distraction with him when you need you facilties about you on any track, especially a road course.

The sagging NASCAR ratings will be through the roof today as the curious tune in.

I don't know (as of this moment) how he can still race today at The Glen. Other drivers might have a say in this as that will be too much of a distraction with him when you need you facilties about you on any track, especially a road course.

The sagging NASCAR ratings will be through the roof today as the curious tune in.
No comment, No comment, No comment, No comment...........................

The kid should never been out on there with the cars still running especially wearing a black helmet and fire suit on a poorly lit dirt track. In the vid you can see the 46 car **** near hit him just before Sterwart did. While you certainly don't want to see someone killed that 20 year old kid broke the most basic of rules and paid for his stupidity with his life. Had he stayed with the car until the track personnel got there LIKE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO this story would not exist...............

Absolutely, I agree. Anyone that enters the track signs a waiver. I hate this. It's not good for any form of racing.

-Joey

[SIZE=10.5pt] I feel... no question... both (or at least the young mans) drivers let their emotions take over. Should he have gotten out of the car.. nope.. best if he didn’t…Did Tony mean to hurt or kill the kid.. Na.. if he saw him early he might have tried to scare.. but… car in front of him, black drivers suit, kid was shifting around the area..[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Never the less ya sign the waver… it’s a shame.[/SIZE]

Grim

There's a lot more going on here than what the Average Joe doesn't realize. I've seen plenty of sensationalism reports on the media to grab our curiousity in the past 30 hours. They're acting like Tony is a serial killer.

My perspective as of right now.

Any of you ever sat in a winged Sprint car? Me either. Just a guess but sitting there you really can't see much. You're wearing a full-face helmet hooked to a HANS device which restricts head movement. On both side of you the ends of the wings are hanging down also reducing visibility to the sides so that basically in all, you're looking through a tunnel.

Opinions galore on this subject but I doubt of any of us here will be involved in any part of the investigation or seeing whether or not there will be any charges brought againt Tony.

Only one person knows for sure exactly what went on Saturday night and is Tony himself but they also know that he had a Go Pro onboard that was immediately taken off his car as soon as it hit the pits. The right rear tire was also removed at that time.

This was not a NASCAR sanctioned race so it's beyond their arena. NASCAR already has a rule in place just like other bodies that says you are not supposed to leave your vehicle unless it's on fire or some other reason why you need to exit it in an emergency otherwise you wait for track personel to arrive before getting out. This young man probably has seen instances like this before on TV with the Cup driver's tossing helmets, shoes, purses or whatever at other drivers but that was after the safety crews were already on the scene.

Whats the idiot doing on the track first place thats a big no no in racing and how could anyone see him at night in black he almost got hit by the car in front of Tonys its not his fault some young kid doesnt know what he is doing maybe they should check the young one for drugs

Whats the idiot doing on the track first place thats a big no no in racing and how could anyone see him at night in black he almost got hit by the car in front of Tonys its not his fault some young kid doesnt know what he is doing maybe they should check the young one for drugs
Why don't you contact the Ward family and ask them if he was on drugs!!!!!

While the loss of life is tragic, it's because he was foolish and stupid. His actions will bring pain and suffering to more than just his family, we have only seen the beginning. I'm sure the ambulance chasers are already ringing the family's phones off the hook. We all know that in current times endless litigation and lawsuits are all too common. Eventually one of those bottom feeders is going to convince the family they are "owed" for their pain and suffering and someone needs to pay, that someone or should I say target will be Tony Stewart and his big money sponsors. Everyone know those "waivers" don't mean squat once it's gets into court, they'll spin and weave around it in a flash. There is no way anyone with half a brain can't realize there was no malicious intent but regardless Stewart will carry this inside of him for the rest of his life. If and that's a big IF he is able to move past this and continue racing the media firestorm and legal circus that certainly will surface (and it's already started) over this may very well create such a volatile situation that no sponsor will want to deal with having Stewart in their stable and could end his career as a race car driver, all because that 20 year old was an idiot. The really sad part in all this is had the kid been killed by say a "no name" local driver and not a big name NASCAR racer worth millions this story would have been buried on the back pages of the local paper at best..................

While the loss of life is tragic, it's because he was foolish and stupid. His actions will bring pain and suffering to more than just his family, we have only seen the beginning. I'm sure the ambulance chasers are already ringing the family's phones off the hook. We all know that in current times endless litigation and lawsuits are all too common. Eventually one of those bottom feeders is going to convince the family they are "owed" for their pain and suffering and someone needs to pay, that someone or should I say target will be Tony Stewart and his big money sponsors. Everyone know those "waivers" don't mean squat once it's gets into court, they'll spin and weave around it in a flash. There is no way anyone with half a brain can't realize there was no malicious intent but regardless Stewart will carry this inside of him for the rest of his life. If and that's a big IF he is able to move past this and continue racing the media firestorm and legal circus that certainly will surface (and it's already started) over this may very well create such a volatile situation that no sponsor will want to deal with having Stewart in their stable and could end his career as a race car driver, all because that 20 year old was an idiot. The really sad part in all this is had the kid been killed by say a "no name" local driver and not a big name NASCAR racer worth millions this story would have been buried on the back pages of the local paper at best..................
Very true Don, make idiot mistakes and pay the ultimate price.

Did he make an emotional error, surely stupid and he overpaid for it. Ironic that Tony was involved in something he has done himself. How many times has he got out and thrown a helmet? And there are a few more Nascar veterans who have set the tone for young drivers like Ward to emulate. Like fighting in hockey, it sells tickets, so it is not totally discouraged. Hopefully there will be something learned here in the face of a pure tragedy.

Mic

Just so everyone is clear, I removed my objectional reference to the late driver as well as the the same in replies after letting those individuals know. Yes my word choice was harsh and while what he did was foolish and stupid the term jackass was over the top even for me. My apologies to those who felt it was excessive.

Just so everyone is clear, I removed my objectional reference to the late driver as well as the the same in replies after letting those individuals know. Yes my word choice was harsh and while what he did was foolish and stupid the term jackass was over the top even for me. My apologies to those who felt it was excessive.
Thank you, don.

Back