O.S. .21 XM Marine Outboard Discontinued?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Torgalski

Hey,

I'm just repeating what I just read at Tower's site....you be the judge.

Besides, why should I care, I got all these 20 yr old K&B's lying around. :D

Jeff

Hmmmm, Well that sucks!

os1a.jpg

However Grim checked with GP a while back and said they plan to still carry the engine for a while.

Gene ;D

BEST THING THEY EVER DID. IVE RAN OS ENGINES FOR YEARS IN AIRPLANES. IT DONT GET NO BETTER BUT THEM PUTTING A NICHEL PLATTED SLEEVE IN THAT OUTBOARD WAS A BIG MISTAKE. HURRY UP K-B GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, OR THE B SPORT TUNNEL WILL BE OUT OF BUSINESS. JUST MY TWO CENTS. TOM

Great !!!!!! Just fixing to purchase an engine and now this S_IT !!!! I Emailed K&B about making an engine from parts??? Ya'll know how that went!!!!! Sean Dillon MECOA inc. replyed, no release date yet, hopefully by summer . YEH,2010!!!!! This is very very discouraging for use newbee's, what am i to do now!!??

Here i am with $500.00 budget to get started. Pay my club dues, my IMPBA insurance, all ready have my feild equipment from my airplanes, and now i face this !!! Begging for used engines so I can afford to get in !!!! Good thing I have the skills to build my own hulls !!!!

If I didn't have the ADVERSITY FROM CRASHING PLANES, I WOULD THINK VERY HARD ABOUT GETTING IN !!!!!!! So I am asking all intl waters members to take a few minutes to please visit CMDRACING.com and give them all the imput you can and maybe we can get some engines from a relyable supplier!!!!!!!

Sorry ya'll had to put up with me , but I had to air my DISCUSSED !!!!! RAVINGS !!!! > :( :'( > :(

P.S. Tom M. if you could post this at the top of the forum please do.

Yes, i was talking in that post also.

I was surfing somewhere and saw a price of $149. 99 but can't find it again !!!!

Sorry for the attitude Guys but > :( > :( > :( > :(

I think the RZ and VZ car engine sleeves will work, you just have to trim piston skirt. Check it out first !!

Yeah, it is a pain with the K@B thing, I have went off more than once on the subject, A different sleeve in the OS maybe, a TT, or wait on Andy, unless ya find a deal on something.

Gene ;D

Yea BLUE,

I posted a wanted ad in the for sale section but nothing yet ! At this point I don't think I will be choosy !!!

I've wanted to do this for 30 years Now I'm 42 and have to s_it or get off the pot !!!! My health is leaving me,FAST!! IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE SEND ME A INSTANT MESSAGE

TUNNELS ARE MY THING !

I think that I posted a boat for sale a while back and it's still sitting in my basement. It belongs to a friend. Dumas ABS Hot Shot, K&B 3.5 OB with a Futaba radio system RTR except batteries and starting equipment and some extra parts like a flex cable and drive dog. $200.00 OBO shipped.

Jeff,

From IMPBA rulebook:

Looks like 100 units offered for sale, 90 days prior to event, with the powerhead and lower unit of same model and manufacture to qualify,

Gene ;D

Grim might have something to add here too.....

Hey Waterbug, If you need any parts for that K&B let me know, I should have what you need. I also saw your post for the os engine, and saw two of them on ebay for a good deal, check it out. like I said the rz sleeve will work Ive got one in my os now.

~ James

Gang

Here is what I know at this time.

I just got off the phone with Bill from Hobby services (217.389.0007) and he said that the motor is a goner. As soon as they are out of stock that will be the end of the motor. He also said that parts will be available for about 2 years afterwards. :'(

This does not sound good. Bill was nice enough but he sounded a little but unsure over the phone. I tried to nail him down on the, not made? Not imported? question and he skirted the question for a moment or two and then said the motor will not be made anymore.

I would like to here this news from a higher ranking member of the Gag-planes crew.

Grim

TopFuel,

Do you have bearings for a 7.5 K & B outboard.

WaterBug and Everyone else. I have a Killep Prather 7.5 Spitfire RTR. Motors been ran 6 times. Almost mint condition. Small nick on front sponson and some paint chipped on the bottom sponson. Boat is extremely fast. Has a trick lower end. $350 plus shipping.

rcboats2, Sorry dont have any bearings, (other than worn out ones :) )

However my hobby shop keeps a suprising number of k&b parts including bearings , K&B, BOCA, and ceramic.

www.randyshobbyshop.com

~ James

Latest posts

Back