NW Scale Hydroplane Championship Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike Allen what time are you going to get there? By the way I'll mail your stuff out. not much room in bags and I don't want to run the risk of it getting messed up. I'm landing at about 5:30 and by the time I get the rental car and stuff it'll be 6-6:30 and then I have to go Roger's and unpack my boat and put it back together. My sis and brother in law live in Snohomish so I was going to call them for the skinny on the way to get there.
Mike McKnight i get in arround 12.55 then going to the Museum(David was nice enough to open it for me WOW Iam special) :eek: then i will head up to the hotel /lake area....HOPEFULLY my scale has arrived in one piece so from that i hope some of us can get togeather for dinner if possiable.... Thanks everyone for all of your help with directions etc.... Ive got a long flight but well worth it....bringing a dvd player on board to kill some air time....

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Allen what time are you going to get there? By the way I'll mail your stuff out. not much room in bags and I don't want to run the risk of it getting messed up. I'm landing at about 5:30 and by the time I get the rental car and stuff it'll be 6-6:30 and then I have to go Roger's and unpack my boat and put it back together. My sis and brother in law live in Snohomish so I was going to call them for the skinny on the way to get there.
Getting to Snohomish is actually easy from Roger's house. Just head north on I-405 to the Bothel/ Woodinville exit. Follow it to the right and you will be on Hwy 522. If you see a Dairy Queen at the first exit, you are headed the right way. Follow 522 to the Hwy 9 exit (I think it's the third exit). Turn left onto Hwy 9 and it will take you to Snohomish. There are 3 ways into town from Hwy 9, so I would contact your sister and find out which one to take

And for my last post before i leave for the Left Coast,,alot of you guys will have the upmost pleasure of tasting MT GAY RUM from Barbados(down island way),,as we sit around telling lies !!!!!!!! :p

This in on the news wire....

I have it from a reliable source, Tony Arena.....HA!!!! That on Saturday at the Northwest Scale Championchips, Billy Schumacher will make an appearance with his new Pro Boats Llumar scale hydro!! Maybe he will try to turn some laps with his new model?? We shall see........... see you all on Saturday.........Dave Hawley UNW President

Marty- I plan on demoing my 1/8 scale electric Miss Budweiser on Saturday. And maybe the U00 Maverick on Sunday.

Roger

Roger,

Why demo your boats. Go ahead and race them. We have a couple of very simple rules that will allow the FE Scale Unlimiteds and the Nitro Scale Unlimiteds to race together and be competitive and follow the same rules of racing.

Thanks,

The Northwest Scale Hydroplane Commission

Roger,

Why demo your boats. Go ahead and race them. We have a couple of very simple rules that will allow the FE Scale Unlimiteds and the Nitro Scale Unlimiteds to race together and be competitive and follow the same rules of racing.

Thanks,

The Northwest Scale Hydroplane Commission

Ron;

Had a voice mail this AM from Mike, from Saturday night.

He was sitting in second place points at the end of day one!!!!!!!!!

Ok, just got off the phone with Mike, said he had a fantastic time, the guys out there are some of the nicest people he has had the pleasure of "playing boats" with.

There driving is just phenomenal, he says you better hold your lane out there, in one of his heats, he went into a turn with 5 boats abreast, and 5 boats came out of the turn, in the same lanes.

If you had'nt read there race format, the run five qualifying rounds, top 6 boats transfer into the final, the next 5 boats transfer into the second concy, the next 6 boats go to the 1st concy, I think I have that right????

The winner of the 1st concy transfers to the second concy, the winner of the second concy becomes the trailer boat in the final. WWWWOOOOO thats a lot to remember????

So here' how Mike stacked up

Saturday had 3 Qualifying heats Mike finished 3rd, 2nd, and 1st, putting him in second place points

Sunday would see 2 qualifying heats remainimg, 2 concy's, and final

Mike finished 4 in the 4th qualifier putting him 5th in over all points.

In the 5th and final qualifier the racing gods did not stay with Mike, when he went to start the boat for the 5th round, his eingine was flooded, when the boat finally started, it was running backwards, once they realized that, and shut er down, it became full of fuel again, and would'nt start, so the DNS put him so far down in the points he had to run the 1st concy, he would need to win it to transfer to the 2nd concy.

Unfortunatly, Mike could only muster a second, ending his run for the North West Scale Championship.

He was definitely not down on himself, says he plans to go back out again next year, and hopefully some of his Florida running mates will be able to go with him, sounds like a lot of fun, we'll see???

Needless to say, and the way we all know Mike, being around ALL of those scale boats, he just could'nt stand it, he is coming home with another addition to his stable, I will not spill the beans, I will leave him something to write about once he is back home.

Ok boys from District 3, we now have another seasoned racer to contend with????

He is spending the night at Roger Newtons house, to be closer to the airport, and will be lifting off brite and early, heading back our way.

So there you have it, I'm sure the story's will be running wild in Miami, and I can't wait to hear some of them.

Race report by Rick "cucumber" Bellinger

See ya all in Miami

YEEEHHAAAAWWWW!! he had a heck of a run going!! he did good! I bet he had a blast, we will hear all about it in miami. Rick, thanks for the report. :)

Mark U-5

The 2006 NW Scale Hydroplane Championship race is in the book. We had a great turnout this year with just under 40 boat’s participating. I think all that attended had an excellent time. As I’m writing this my wife is tapping her foot waiting for me to take her to dinner and saying that boat racing is now over until next spring and that now it’s “all about her”…. It’s kind of hard to disagree with her after this very long season of racing… For now I just want thank everyone that helped me put on this years race and to tell you that the winner was John Stubbers driving his 1997 Crazy Tomato!!!!! Please keep an eye on the NW Scale Hydroplane Website for all the driver standings and photos.

Marty

http://stubbersmedia.com/nwshc/

Well Mike Allen and I both ended up in the second connie. Not a lot of points separated the top 17 boats from the main through the 2 connies. Unfortunately Mike and I got a little too geeked up at the start and jumped. I think Mike ended up flipping and I ended up fourth. I had everything from a 1st to a DNF through the 5 qualifiers but at least I think I redeemed myself a little from San Diego...like that was hard to do!? I think Mike Allen and I did ok being the being the newbies to this race. Oh yeah Mike is going home with more than he arrived with but I won't spoil it I'll let him tell you.

See you next year Marty and I'll drag some more D9 guys with me this time. Great show thanks! I just got back from the airport and I'm hitting the rack!

The 2006 NW Scale Hydroplane Championship race is in the book. We had a great turnout this year with just under 40 boat’s participating. I think all that attended had an excellent time. As I’m writing this my wife is tapping her foot waiting for me to take her to dinner and saying that boat racing is now over until next spring and that now it’s “all about her”…. It’s kind of hard to disagree with her after this very long season of racing… For now I just want thank everyone that helped me put on this years race and to tell you that the winner was John Stubbers driving his 1997 Crazy Tomato!!!!! Please keep an eye on the NW Scale Hydroplane Website for all the driver standings and photos.

Marty

Sorry Al,

My home computer was still logged on to this site under your user name. I will repost under my login…

Marty

The 2006 NW Scale Hydroplane Championship race is in the book. We had a great turnout this year with just under 40 boat’s participating. I hope all that attended had an excellent time. As I’m writing this my wife is tapping her foot waiting for me to take her to dinner and saying that boat racing is now over until next spring and that now it’s “all about her”…. It’s kind of hard to disagree with her after this very long season of racing… For now I just want thank everyone that helped me put on this years race and to tell you that the winner was John Stubbers driving his 1997 Crazy Tomato!!!!! Please keep an eye on the NW Scale Hydroplane Website for all the driver standings and photos.

Marty

The Northwest Scale Hydroplane Championship site is now updated. See the Drivers Standing's and Race Photos pages for the latest. :)

Congratulations to John Stubbers for winning the 3rd annual NW Scale Hydroplane Championship, driving his 1997 Miss Crazy Tomato!!

-Jeff

Latest posts

Back