NW Scale Hydroplane Championship Race

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike if you need a pit man let me know. I'm probably going to fly up to hang out. Don't have the time to drive up and bring a boat unfortunately. Besides I just got back from San Diego and I'm not sure if I'm up for another long roadie anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike if you need a pit man let me know. I'm probably going to fly up to hang out. Don't have the time to drive up and bring a boat unfortunately. Besides I just got back from San Diego and I'm not sure if I'm up for another long roadie anyway.
Mike would welcome the help....stay intouch,,,, :D

Mr. McKnight,

I look forward to seeing you again at Marty's race. Its probably good that neither of us are bring a boat after the way we smoked them in San Diego. :lol:

This is a really good event if you are a scale racer.

See ya in Seattle,

Al Waters ;)

Al,

Last weekend was a rare instance for sure for both of us. Boy the pressure to get off the goose egg was on after the third round wasn't it? One thing's for sure I'm coming down a day or so earlier next year to take advantage of testing time on Friday. I certainly didn't have the right setup that was obvious. Had a good time anyway though. Always have a good time hangin' with you and Henry, Dan and everybody.

Al,

Last weekend was a rare instance for sure for both of us. Boy the pressure to get off the goose egg was on after the third round wasn't it? One thing's for sure I'm coming down a day or so earlier next year to take advantage of testing time on Friday. I certainly didn't have the right setup that was obvious. Had a good time anyway though. Always have a good time hangin' with you and Henry, Dan and everybody.

.........boy, would I like to have seen what the CZAR was going to post. ;)

maybe he was going to call me Mr. Oooofer again. :D

Most boaters will brag how they have the fastest and the best boat on the water. I must tell it like it is.

I was the bomb at the Muncey in San Diego. Four DNS's................. but the bright side was that I had no jump starts and no penalties and I didnt get hit by anybody. :)

Now Marty, who is the Contest Director of the event we are talking about here on this thread made the Final and took a fourth in the recent RCU race with his beautiful 75 Oberto. Looks like he will finally run at his own race now that he is on a roll. I think that he trusts me to run his race. ;)

This is a great event to attend. This year it will be at Twin Lakes near Seattle. It brings together RVU, UNW and District 8 and 9 scale boaters. And now, Mike Allen from Florida will be in attendance to race. Mike is a great guy who I had the opportunity to meet in Florida at the NAMBA Nats.

If you have the chance, this is a race really worth attending. See you there.

Al Waters

Uh oh Al,

Roger Newton may have talked me into bringing my boat after all. We're hatching a plan to ship it up there..... Maybe I can beat my 25pts from San Diego?!

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...m=408&pos=0

Conversation overheard at the Muncey Cup between Larry O. and Al.

Al, we've had a great relationship over the years but we can't have somebody nicknamed "Mr Oooofer" driving for us. Sorry, but we're dropping our sponsorship on your 77' Oh Boy! Oberto. :lol: :lol:

Al, we've had a great relationship over the years but we can't have somebody nicknamed "Mr Oooofer" driving for us. Sorry, but we're dropping our sponsorship on your 77' Oh Boy! Oberto. :lol: :lol:

I think I may have figured out this reply thing!!

Al, Does this mean you will have to repaint your boat into something with a U# of U0000?

CZAR

Ouch! I didn't even heckle Al that bad at the pond! Although it took me all day to get a start.....AAARGH!

Mr. President (AL): You forgot one thing in your post. You mentioned getting hit but what about running into someone else? Like some poor guy ahead of you just runnning around the course for fun.

Perry

Thats what I love about you guys. We can take the bad days just as good as taking the good days.

I brag about both because I have had plenty. :rolleyes:

Mike Allen, I thought that Mark Sholund was coming with you.

Either way, there are plenty of guys who will be there who are very good pitmen.

Mike McKnight...if you are going to travel that far................take your boat and change that U-00 to a U-25 ;) ................. as in points. Seriously........... try and race if you can..

There will be six rounds of qualifying so you can still play catch up if you have a bad round. And be prepared to dress warm.

There will be a swap meet on Saturday evening. I have seen motors, parts, radios, memorabilia, and of course we all bench race. I have a great time.

You will meet a lot of people who you have just heard about on the Internet or by reputation.

Hey CZAR ................ I will always be Oberto ..... I just had a major case of Allison stall in salt water (if there is such a thing)

and Glenn .............. I mailed Larry Oberto a sponsor trophy like the trophies we gave away in the Final with a letter of apology. I felt so bad because he was going to drive my boat. I told him that next year in Tri-Cities I will be prepared. Maybe he and I can be a team. :rolleyes:

See you guys in a couple of weeks in Washington.

Al Waters

Oky Captain ........you win................. but I got Dq'd in Sport 60 with our scales and not in a scale race so I try not to count that ;)

Luv ya man!

See ya, Al

Al I'am trying to get Mark to come,,at first it was a go then i said no i'am not going now I'am in so Mark is trying to redo his commements,,,will will see... I sure hope he can make it...

Ok I've got the boxes to pack the boat up and the plane tix are bought so I guess I can't back out now. By the way very nice of Jeff Stubbers to offer to let me drive his Houston if I couldn't find a way to get my boat up there. Thanks Jeff.

Mike,

you would be honored to drive Jeff's Miss Houston. I dont know if this pic will appear ( I have never posted one), but this is his boat winning a qualifying heat at the NW Championships. He drove his boat in this condition for I think at least three plus laps.

Thanks, Al Waters

houston.jpg

Back