Novarossi of America

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my .12 5-port yesterday so when I get a chance later on today I'm going to work on getting it installed. In the meantime I had a few questions for Glenn that I'm waiting for answers on. Maybe he could post some of those answers in here for everybody else.

You too huh?

I'm in no big hurry for the pipe as I know that's he's busy with bigger things right now.

Guys, thanks for being patient with me! I don't have any way to get on the internet during the week in Del Rio and I have been busy getting orders out and answering phone calls all so today so far.

Yes I started a batch of pipes last week, but I had a big test I had to study for anddidn't get as much done as I would have liked. I will continue to work on them as much as possible and hope to have some done next week.

One of the questions Ron asked that I think everybody should know about is the fit on the .12 collets in the flywheels. If you find one that doesn't fit easily please let me know. Nova made those flywheel for me to fit those collets so I'm thinking that maybe Octura might have made some with a bigger "pilot" shaft. If you have a problem let me know and I will fix it ASAP!!!

I'll be home until Monday morning, so if you need anything either post here or give me a call at home (830 779-1776).

Glenn

Glenn what about head clearance and what percent nitro on those little 12 motors
Thanks Mike
Mike, I shoot for .008" head clearance. Pour as much nitro to it as you want...I use 60-65%.

The motors run very good stock, but to really make them work the best the way we use them requires doing some mods. Here is what I do...shim the sleeve to get the intake ports to something close to 130 degrees and them if you need to cut a little on the top of the exhaust port to get it to 180 degrees. I have found it generally takes about a .030" shim to get it close.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Since I don't really have any kind of internet access during the week you guys can feel free to call me in the evenings (about 6:30 - 9:30 pm Texas time) on my cell (210 392-2271). If you need some parts give my wife Donna a call at 830 779-1776.

Thanks,

Glenn

Latest posts

Back