Novarossi of America

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Hey guys, my latest order just arrived with 35Plus21's, lots of parts, and the new 5 port engines that I am selling for $250.

These new 5 port motors are very nice! They share many of the same parts as the much more expensive motors and should run almost as good right out of the box as the others. I only have a few of them and I expect them to be gone very soon, so if you want one give me a call.

Glenn

glenn,

can you post a pic of the liner and the case for us to see. I would like to take a look at one.. might be interested.

chris

glenn,
can you post a pic of the liner and the case for us to see. I would like to take a look at one.. might be interested.

chris
Chris, I will try to do that. The case looks to be the same (except for the letters on the side) as the 35Plus and the TX 21 case but does not have all of the same machining on the inside. It takes the same bearings and the crank looks the same. The sleeve also looks just like the 35Plus and TX except it only has 5 intake ports (it still has the three exhaust ports). I really like the size of the intake ports. I have not measured the timing or run one of the engines, but I honestly think with a little work it will run with ANY .21 out there.

I am looking forward to some feed back after folks start running them!

Glenn

Chris, Glenn

the timings are low on these engine's

i have the 7 port version with turbo crank and they are running really good right out of the box, [they have won a couple big racers]

as Glenn said with some mods they will be very good

regards Aaron

glenn,

chris
Chris, I will try to do that. The case looks to be the same (except for the letters on the side) as the 35Plus and the TX 21 case but does not have all of the same machining on the inside. It takes the same bearings and the crank looks the same. The sleeve also looks just like the 35Plus and TX except it only has 5 intake ports (it still has the three exhaust ports). I really like the size of the intake ports. I have not measured the timing or run one of the engines, but I honestly think with a little work it will run with ANY .21 out there.

Glenn
Glenn, what crank comes in the 35 plus engines you are selling? Tungsten inserts in counterweight and ramped intake? Thanks, Richard

glenn,

chris

Glenn
Glenn, what crank comes in the 35 plus engines you are selling? Tungsten inserts in counterweight and ramped intake? Thanks, Richard
Richard, I can get those (I am runing one now to check it out), but because those only come as SG style I asked Nova if they would build me motors with the full threaded cranks that come with flywheels. The full threaded cranks are 14mm turbo cranks like we are all used to seeing in the motors Bill sold.

I haven't compaired the 35 Plus motors with the two different cranks, so I can't tell you if there is a difference and how much of a difference. I know Aaron runs the SG crank and likes it better than the turbo crank, but again I don't know how much difference he has seen between the two.

If you (or anybody) would like to try the 35Plus motors with the bigger SG crank, just let me know and I will be happy to order a batch of them. The price is just a bit more than the ones I'm selling, but they don't come with a flywheel. I will be happy to mod the crank and a flywheel to work if anybody wants one.

Glenn

cool

thanks glenn.

if you get time can you shoot me a pic of the back side of the sleeve.

thanks

chris

Here are a few pictures of the new 5 port engine. Note that is even has the Top of the line (pun intended!) R7 rod.
Glenn
Glenn,

Yes, but they seem to have changed what a R7 rod is, see this pic for the R7 rod from a Novarossi 35 Plus21M: :huh:

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...=930&pos=16

Ian.
Glenn, thanks for the detailed specs on the 35 plus you are selling. The new 5 port engine looks like a very nice engine for $250.00 Richard D

Glenn

yes, i stock the 35plus with the 14.5mm cranks. they are very nice, and run real hard out of the box,

at the moment i'm setting up 35 plus outboard conversion which should be awesome,

i have sent some pic's and info to novarossi about building the P.T.O and reverse crank, [outboard engine]

they are looking at it at the moment,

Chris

for the $ you can not go wrong with the basic line of novarossi engine's, they do offer them in a 3, 5, and 7 port version,

with or without turbo crank, i have sold alot of the 7 port basic engine's and they are running great.

regards Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
Glenn,

You are doing the world a favor offering these engines at these prices.. I bet you'll be selling at lot of these new 5 port .21's.

Glenn
yes, i stock the 35plus with the 14.5mm cranks. they are very nice, and run real hard out of the box,

at the moment i'm setting up 35 plus outboard conversion which should be awesome,

i have sent some pic's and info to novarossi about building the P.T.O and reverse crank, [outboard engine]

Chris

for the $ you can not go wrong with the basic line of novarossi engine's, they do offer them in a 3, 5, and 7 port version,

with or without turbo crank, i have sold alot of the 7 port basic engine's and they are running great.

regards Aaron

aaron,

i am looking at this as a option becuase i won't buy a plus motor. for reasons i won't disclose here ( no disrespect to glenn or you )

thanks for the heads up.

chris

Glenn

Chris

regards Aaron
Aaron, yeah I have sold a number of 35Plus motors for OB conversions. I haven't really got any feedback yet, but they should be the hot ticket. That would be Great if Nova would start making them as OB!

This is another reason I am excited about these basic engines...folks will actually be able to buy a brand new engine and an OB conversion kit for it and still have a reasonably priced, high performance OB.

Glenn

5 ports are better for boat engines. Sleeve shims and a little triming of the head button will take care of low port timing.

BTW- We have plenty of .008" sleeve shims to fit that engine if anyone needs some.

That engine has LOTS of potential! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
5 ports are better for boat engines. Sleeve shims and a little triming of the head button will take care of low port timing.

BTW- We have plenty of .008" sleeve shims to fit that engine if anyone needs some.

THANKS Andy, I'm glad you gave your opinion! That means a lot.

Glenn

Apologies to Glenn for side-tracking this thread but....

Andy, 5 ports are better than what? I currently run a 7 port Novarossi engine and am always looking for more speed of course! B)

Measuring the combined transfer and boost port width of the 7 port Novarossi sleeve, it has exactly the same combined port width (to 0.1mm) as the CMB RS7 Valvola which only has 3 ports. I dont have a 5 port liner to compare to. More numerous narrower ports would do a better job of controlling the direction of the air/fuel charge I would have thought, probably at the cost of more resistance to the flow. :huh:

Ian.

Andy, 5 ports are better than what? I currently run a 7 port Novarossi engine and am always looking for more speed of course! B)

Measuring the combined transfer and boost port width of the 7 port Novarossi sleeve, it has exactly the same combined port width (to 0.1mm) as the CMB RS7 Valvola which only has 3 ports. I dont have a 5 port liner to compare to. More numerous narrower ports would do a better job of controlling the direction of the air/fuel charge I would have thought, probably at the cost of more resistance to the flow. :huh:

Ian.
Glenn, what piston? Dished or.....? Do you have turbo plug inserts for these motors in stock? Any chance of a drum valve .21 Nova in the works? Richard D

Ian.
Glenn, what piston? Dished or.....? Do you have turbo plug inserts for these motors in stock? Any chance of a drum valve .21 Nova in the works? Richard D
Richard, it is a flat top piston, I don't have any turbo plug heads in stock (but if you really wanted one before my next order I would be willing to take one off of one of my personal motors to sell you).

A rear intake, front exhaust .21 has been my number 1 project since I became the US distributor! I do not know when/if it will ever happen, but I am giving it my max effort. I can say that Nova has been extremely easy to work with and seems very willing to help us out.

Glenn

Latest posts

Back