nitro proof paint

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PPG single stage is the best for nitro boats. If you can get DU 1000 clear it is th most resistant clear ever made. It resisted ACID. Tried Sikens and it is not as good as PPG.

Then if you wan't the most resistant for any chemical use allgrip . It can be acid washed and doesn't hurt the shine but it is the most expensive , in all the clears don't use entre level paint , if you use brands high end clears you shouldnt have a problem .don't use off brand that says it's the same as ppg or basf ,ext. They don't work, nitro wrinkles them like paint remover . You get what you pay for .

I have been using PPG 2021 clear for 15 years and never had a problem with fuel even up to 70% nitro.

Dave

I have bought clear from these guys and the Kirker EC300 clear worked great for me on a Gas Sport. My son just got finished painting his 1993 Nissan 240sx a light mettalic blue 2-stage with the Kirker Black Diamond low VOC paint in his garage and he is happy with the paint. Price is pretty good. They also carry House of Color urethane clears by the quart. ($35.00/Qt)

http://www.smartshoppersinc.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back