Best Clear coat for nitro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike lasorsa

What’s the best clear coat to hold up against nitro? I used 2k in a spray can but it does not hold

That’s what I’ve been using. Softened up when nitro got on it with me

Well, there's something wrong with your system then.... even some pooling in my motor bay doesn't bother it.

I'm not saying it's the only way..... at the time it was the convenient way for me to go....
If you've the means, go the Axalta, PPG, whatever route.... just make sure you have correct ambient temperature
and good filtration for your lungs- those 2K paints will wreck your life in a heart beat.

Well, there's something wrong with your system then.... even some pooling in my motor bay doesn't bother it.

I'm not saying it's the only way..... at the time it was the convenient way for me to go....
If you've the means, go the Axalta, PPG, whatever route.... just make sure you have correct ambient temperature
and good filtration for your lungs- those 2K paints will wreck your life in a heart beat.
I honestly think I had a bad can and the 2nd part didn’t activate but I just don’t want to take the chance again

I honestly think I had a bad can and the 2nd part didn’t activate but I just don’t want to take the chance again
I've used it for a long time now without any issues.
I was told to make sure you puncture the bottom firmly and take a good amount of time mixing the two parts. The cans also have a shelf life, my guy sends outdated cans back.

Hi Guys, I have used Klass Kote clear for all of my top coats for several years. Although I don't run nitro any more, I still use it for my scale boats. I make sure that I use the clear urethane finish and not the regular clear. The urethane is more clear and does not yellow with age. Most of the boats that I build now have natural birch or Mahogany skins and electric powered. Thank you, Gary

Attachments

• 052.jpg
    052.jpg
    303.1 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010001.JPG
    P1010001.JPG
    396.9 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010002.JPG
    P1010002.JPG
    423.4 KB · Views: 0
Back