Painting help. Gas wood boat

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffpocorena

Hi guys new here and would like some advice. I have a zip kit v box i am getting ready to paint. The inside of the hull has been sealed with resin. Iam thinking for paint i will start with some good sandable auto primer in a can than paint all white. Let dry for a week or so than scuff and add my color. I will again let dry add my pin striping for crisp line than clear with 2k in a rattle can clear. Will this be a good routs to seal and make the boat gas proof. I am no painter and do not have the equipment or sprayers to do two stage paint. Was planning on krylone color than 2k automotive clear in a csn to give me a decent paint job.

Will it work?
What do I need to change?

Thank you all

Attachments

• 16792521182196259069971546155575.jpg
    16792521182196259069971546155575.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 0
First off, congratulations on getting your build to this point. Many never make it this far. Like Mark said, seal it with slow cure epoxy. I prefer West Systems. I coat the hull let sit for 20 min to let the epoxy soak in then wipe it off. After a few days, I scuff it down with 280 grit then apply a second coat and sand it with 320 grit once dry. Should only need a lite coat of primer and then your top coat.

You have spent many hours and dollars building this, I would wouldn’t short cut the paint process. Use good materials!!!

Looking forward to seeing the finished boat

Latest posts

Back