Newbie needs help!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james scala

After a 12 year layoff i am returning to model boating.Guess i got the fever again. Already bought 4 boats in a month. My question is i am putting together a 40 rigger and someone starting setting it up for an offset driveline. just the strut is mounted. Any advantages or disadvantages? it is a roadrunner clone.Any help would be great. Thanks,jim

I have always wondered why a offset drive line on a rigger?

The tub is just a place to hold the eng and other gear. the boat is the plaining surfaces the sponsons.

If you want a off set just adjust the sponsons distance to the tub. The drive line is not what I my self would do.

But that is just me.

David

Hey Jim , that was a trend some years ago , didn't seem to do much if anything IMHO . We are going to put the driveline in straight as planned .

Off set in the strut compensates in some models the propwalk effect but all my SG/SGX's have straight set ups and run good with no rudder corrections. On my saw Fe rigger I figured out that an offset strut helps a lot.Gill

Years ago we also tried using an offset driveline to compensate for propwalk without using the rudder.

Back