Flier 400 A ESC need help!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rene Garcia

Hello Im a newbie into FE 's and I am currently finishing an ARTR mono hull and my question is the Flier ESC 400 a came with no instructions whatsoever so I see it has 2 black,2 red wires in the back obviously batteries then 3 black wires marked UTW which go where? then 4 water in/outlets is their a diagram or explanation anyone can help me with how to
run the water tubing to them? I have searched the internet to no avail. Thanks In Advance

The website quoted by Mike Starrett has an English option available - click on the Chinese flag icon on the far right of the site map at the top for a drop down language menu.

Last edited:
connect both black and red to sane to make a pr, this esc is a dual board unit and has to have input from same source. output wires also connect in pairs one on top of each other to make 3 wire sets. connect to motor as usual. if you do not have a programmer get one from one of the online sites.
water cooling all 4 tubes are straight threw unites plum as needed to cool most effectively.

had tried split packs on input wires, will not work . treat unit as one esc and 2p with an added y if needed
I have same unit.

Hello Im a newbie into FE 's and I am currently finishing an ARTR mono hull and my question is the Flier ESC 400 a came with no instructions whatsoever so I see it has 2 black,2 red wires in the back obviously batteries then 3 black wires marked UTW which go where? then 4 water in/outlets is their a diagram or explanation anyone can help me with how to
run the water tubing to them? I have searched the internet to no avail. Thanks In Advance

2 black are negative inputs the 2 reds are inputs except positives of course. Treats the pairs as single input putting both blacks in same bullet connetor as well as reds in one so they are paralleled regardless of how your are feeding them with the packs they go together first.

The 3 others are your 3 phase power going to motor. To reverse swap any two.

Be extra careful not to have any bare part of your connectors exposed that could come in contact with anything.

Water passages are each straight through so arrange your tubing jumpers accordingly to get your water going through all of them. How you arrange them depends on if you have one or two inlets from the boat as well as motor cooling requirements. Secure tubing with doubled up tubing or tywraps. Heat shrink tube over the ends is nice to.

Be sure throttle channel is set to normal or reverse to match what esc is looking for. If it starts fast and idles as you trigger then reverse channel 2. To be extra careful maybe do not install prop until you are at the lake ready to run. Just check rotation of course first.

UTW are denoted so you could wire it so the rotation would result in clockwise output at the end of motor shaft. If you want counter them swap any two from that pattern. Or just hook them up however and check it. Wrong then swap any two.

Back