New Pro-Mod Class

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, Maybe I better air it all out,, I was goin' to at the very first but I didn't want to type that much.It was with a conversation with a fellow boater that's close to Eric B at a district race a while back concerning

someone dominating in a certain class,, has the effect on some of the others in class to just give up and stay home and watch NASCAR instead.

I thought about that for quite a bit, you really hate to lose members in that manner or for any other reason.

I thounght about a "Tournament of Champions Class" that would consist of the best performers in that class

that would all run together.

But it's possible there wouldn't be enough at that level,,so I started thinking about gathering the group of "boat motors" that their manufacturers have provided the Whole OB motor and run them together,,, it seemed to me that those units were in the "less exotic" nature of engine specs and were down somewhat

on all out perfomance.

Once those drivers gather some learned confidence in their skills would at some point move up to what I was calling Pro-Mod.

My motivation was purely noble I assure you, it was not to give Me a place to win with my equipment.

I was just trying to "offer the Tiger some meat,, Not my Arm.
So the truth comes out. See post #9.

I don't really see your point Joe, based on what I said.
It's more about getting your butt kicked than needing a new class.
I want to tell you Joe in my day, getting your butt kicked envolved blood, black eye's and puffy face.

It wasn't someone driving away from you with a little boat, you need to grow up just a little and start

reading just a little better and you will see improvement in your retention. :lol:

So, if someone is worried about "DOMINATION" why dont they just get a OS/Lynx combo and go kick some butt. :D

GAWD TIM! THAT'S HUGE! :lol: :lol: Everytime I Look At That,,,, I Can't Stop Laughing,,, Kind Of A,, Important Point,,,,,I Think,,,,AH Man.. GOOD ONE :lol:

Somehow I totally missed your post #30, Page 2,, thanks for that.

Who is that "twink" in your avatar :lol: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The avatar is from a TV show.

1979-81 Japanese TV series by the name of Monkey. It's the story of a Buddhist priest's journey from China to India to obtain sacred scriptures (Tripitaka- the same name as the priest bears). Tripitaka (who was played by a chick - go figure?) is accompanied on his journey by three special disciples: supernatural animal spirits. The most famous and senior of these is Monkey (also known as Aware of Vacuity and Great Sage Equal of Heaven), an immortal monkey spirit who is the archetype prankster of Chinese mythology. The priest and his disciples are beset by many obstacles on their way; usually by demons and other spirits who wish to thwart their mission.

Monkey would beat the shiznit out of Demons all the time with his staff - probably the attraction for the kids who watched it I guess!

Well I suppose you grew up with them little stories, yeah? Did ya run all the way home from school just

to see'm?

I had'm too but when I think back on'm they seem perdy dumb :lol: Didn't get much outa their little

"be a good boy" stuff.

I did like the early "rolling backdrop" Popeye cartoons, but they didn't get me to like spinanch,,hell, I probably can't even spell it right.

But in 1967 I was totally captivated with the weekly "Star Trek" program, man , that one had a influence

, it turned me into "Spock" for quite some time :lol:

Talk about a side tracked thread :blink: :blink: :blink: Jerry W the "trekkie" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: No wonder he likes Thunder Tiger's :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes - run home from school to watch it type of show! That reminds me of another one. Thunderbirds (international Rescue) That show was FAB! I think it's still on the idiot box at some obscene hour in the morning. Link

Hey Thanks JD, I Just Knew I Spelled It Wrong :rolleyes:

"Thunderbirds"!! Yeah , Had to see that one all the time Too. My "Best Bud" and I built most of

The Thunderbirds air and land craft outa paper, painted them all up and had'm hangin' all over

our bedrooms. We watched many times to get the paint jobs just right :lol:

"Johnny Quest" was another one,,,Man,,I think Eric Might Be Right :lol: :lol:

Aye Cap'n Im given it all she's got, Mr Scott I need warp drive now!!!

Geeeez Jer we are so old dust is gonna start blowing out our butts :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fireball XL5, Yea they also used puppets :blink:

Seahunt with Lloyd Bridges

Sky King

Whirleybirds

Industry on Parade, Sunday morning show bout make'n huge stuff outta molten steel, Rrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Fail Safe, the original with a B-58 Hustler

Time for my nap, ZZZzzzzzzzzzzz..........

Gener :D

Yeah Gener, For 1967 Star Trek Was Bad A$$! I Liked It Big Time. My Brother Didn't Like It,,Probably cause I Did And He always Got Up and Tried To Change The Friggin' Channel,,,It Got To A Fist Fight , Every Time!

I Swear, His Head Was Made From Solid Rock :lol: :lol: He Figured It Out Eventually :p

Back