New FREE Tunnel Boat Plans

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kris Flynn

Hey All,

I thought I would get Tom to post some of my plans I have drawn up in the last 2 years. I currently race a slightly scaled down version of the Mod 3.5 Tunnel (29" Long instead of 31") with a Stock OS, but am now going to test out my Modified OS lower unit with my Stock Rossi powerhead on it.

The 12 cell electric tunnel is VERY similar to the one i just sold and have been running for a few years, the main difference being the drop off in the crown of the deck at the back.

The boats corner excellent and i havn't needed Stumble blocks (yet) but having said that they are not going super fast as i didnt have the right props for the OS. Although th 29" version was hammering on 18 cells :D

Any feedback would be GREAT!

http://new.intlwaters.com/freeplans.htm

Cheers

Kris

Kris, who did you sell the FE boat to?? is it going to be at the Tunnel Nats with its new owner? You're bulding another right?

~James

Not sure , But when I click to the plans I just get numbers and junk.

Do I need something else to open them?

Ed

Tom,

My bad for not putting it in the News section :D

James, Ronald has dibs on the boat, but he is unsure if he is going to be able to race it at the Champs...HELL YEAH I am building another one! The 18 cell 3.5 Mod tunnel is the boat i just finished building the sponsons for (from those plans) just have to make a new center section (Thanks Dave!)

AutoCAD is a great program, but for a cheap trial program try DeltaCAD it is great (set printing scale to 25.4 to get proper 1:1) although I have found that with DeltaCAD some of the Splines do not come out.

Kris

Last edited by a moderator:
Kris,

Tub and the cowl will be in the mail friday/saturday express post.

I will bring my tunnel down to the Battle of the Borders race 07 and have some fun with you racing against the other open electric guys.

Cool plans also.

David

Was wondering How one would go about getting these plans to print? I can not print on my printer , it's to small . I downloaded them and a copy of Delta Cad I can see it fine .

Ed

Hey Ed,

Here is what I do/did.

Open it up in DeltaCAD, Copied the parts i needed (keelson outline, formers) to a new drawing.

Then in the print options make sure the print region (or what ever it is called) is set to 2.54 or maybe its 25.4 and page is set to horizontal.

Print it out (will be 3-4 pages) cut the paper off where the lines finish on the page, then join them together.

VIOLA! LOL bit of stuffing around, but its pretty easy in the end and can be done at home.

Hope this helps

Kris

I can't get this to load in Autocad 2006 :( . I keep getting the following error:

<Unknown value "AC1021" encountered in drawing version.

Invalid or incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarded.>

Any ideas what is wrong?

Latest posts

Back