Back to boating

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Mailman

Hi everyone. Looks like a great forum with lots of helpful topics and people. After a 20 year break I'm back into RC boating. It's amazing how much has changed since then. Sold everything back then except my Dumas Hotshot Sprint, so I'm working on an electric conversion for the K&B 7.5 OB. Also picked up a Sonicwake and TFL Genesis to start out my collection. Forgot how much fun running boats was. Decided to go all electric this time since I have lots of batteries for my planes and cars I can use, and the 35% nitro I once used is almost $70 a gallon. Electric is also cleaner and quieter and no one in my area is running gas or glow anymore.

Although there are lots of different boat out there, I've decided I only need a few for now. So in addition to the tunnel, deep-V, and cat, I'm planning to build a cracker box, U95 hydro, and a 4S outrigger and then I'll see what else I have space for.

Thanks for accepting me into the fold.

Bruce

Hi everyone. Looks like a great forum with lots of helpful topics and people. After a 20 year break I'm back into RC boating. It's amazing how much has changed since then. Sold everything back then except my Dumas Hotshot Sprint, so I'm working on an electric conversion for the K&B 7.5 OB. Also picked up a Sonicwake and TFL Genesis to start out my collection. Forgot how much fun running boats was. Decided to go all electric this time since I have lots of batteries for my planes and cars I can use, and the 35% nitro I once used is almost $70 a gallon. Electric is also cleaner and quieter and no one in my area is running gas or glow anymore.

Although there are lots of different boat out there, I've decided I only need a few for now. So in addition to the tunnel, deep-V, and cat, I'm planning to build a cracker box, U95 hydro, and a 4S outrigger and then I'll see what else I have space for.

Thanks for accepting me into the fold.

Bruce

Welcome back Brian. I’m down in Cincinnati and also took a 20 year hiatus from RC Boats until last year. I decided to build a gas sport hydro. Back in the day I used to scoff at gas and electric but they’ve come a LONG way. I’m not racing yet but may at some point. Right now I’m just enjoying building and spending a day at the lake.

Welcome back Brian! If your paying $70 for 35% something is wrong.... I custom blend "BAM RACING FUEL" anything you want for much less, 50% was $49 a gallon or $215 for 5 gallons, no discou t on gallons. Please contact at [812-453-8137 or FB (ALAN ELZER) & [email protected]] We use all klotz's oil.
PS: I don't ship just deliver but someone always coming to races in your area.

Welcome back Brian! If your paying $70 for 35% something is wrong.... I custom blend "BAM RACING FUEL" anything you want for much less, 50% was $49 a gallon or $215 for 5 gallons, no discou t on gallons. Please contact at [812-453-8137 or FB (ALAN ELZER) & [email protected]] We use all klotz's oil.
PS: I don't ship just deliver but someone always coming to races in your area.
Yup, prices in Canada really suck sometimes.

Welcome back Brian. I’m down in Cincinnati and also took a 20 year hiatus from RC Boats until last year. I decided to build a gas sport hydro. Back in the day I used to scoff at gas and electric but they’ve come a LONG way. I’m not racing yet but may at some point. Right now I’m just enjoying building and spending a day at the lake.

Don’t know why I called you Brian when your name is clearly Bruce. Sorry about that bud. Welcome back Bruce! 😂

Back