New BROWN 45 parabolic pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyBrown

We now have the new bar stock Brown 45 Parabolic muffled pipes ready.

This new version has the same dimensions as the original, ever popular, Brown 45 parabolic pipe and utilizes the large volume muffler.

This pipe also features a new improved joint system for the barstock pipes.

This pipe is now on sale sale for $59 post paid in the USA.

Dealer cost is $49 post paid in the USA. No limit.

Sale ends Sunday Sept 21.

Pipes will begin shipping Friday Sept. 19.

Contatact CMDI at 386-208-1036 e-mail [email protected]

Paypal [email protected]

We also have a good stock of Billet headers for the CMB & MAC 45 10 degree & 16 degree.

Remember shipping is FREE

Good boating,

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Will it be legal according to NAVIGA noise rule ( 82 db ) ?

The standard version will not meet 82db

We are making an extra muffled version that will meet 82db rule for additional $15

Ron,

I will post a photo tomorrow.

We are making an extra muffled version that will meet 82db rule for additional $15

Ron,

ANDY WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE PIPES THAT ARE COMING APART NOW??? DO YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO STOP THE PIPES WE HAVE FROM COMING APART NOT HAT I HAVE HAD MANY BAD EXPERIENCES ONLY 2 ON MY TWIN USING CMB HR91 MOTORS AND ITS THE SAME PIPE THAT HAS COME APART TWICE.

THANKS KEVIN.

TIG weld or put 0-80 screw perpendicular to the pipe C/L in the threaded joint after you have torqued the joint in question. JMO

I have ordered 2 pipes with the extra muffling.

What are the advantages with the bar stock pipes contra conventional made pipes ?

Kim

Tig weld is a good solution but the problem is the "loctite".

A friend of my tig welded my 90 pipe when it was never used and he said some bad words because of gue coming out.

So it would be a good choise to be able to get it w/o the gue........

Kim two good things with bar stock is that it`s quite easy to get the exact design of the pipe you want and the second is that you can make it in a very hard alu if you want.

Anders

TIG weld or put 0-80 screw perpendicular to the pipe C/L in the threaded joint after you have torqued the joint in question. JMO
I HEAR YOU AND I KNOW THAT WOULD BE A SIMPLE FIX,BUT WHY PAY GOOD MONEY FOR A PIPE AND THAN HAVE TO TIG WELD IT??????IF THERE IS A DESIGN PROBLEM WITH THE PIPE AND IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS BY OTHER BOATERS ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS THAN I THOUGHT I WOULD ASK THE DESINER IF HE HAS FOUND AWAY TO REPAIR AND FIX THE PIPES THAT ARE ALREADY OUT THERE?????

KEVIN.

I have worked out a new thread design on the pipes and have been replacing pipes for those who have contacted us directly or via your dealer.

I have worked out a new thread design on the pipes and have been replacing pipes for those who have contacted us directly or via your dealer.
HI ANDY KEVIN HERE I HAVE ABOUT 20 OF YOUR PIPES THAT I HAVE PURCHASED FROM YOU BUT I ONLY HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH ONE 90 SIZE PIPE THATS ON MY TWIN,I HAVE ALSO ASKED DONNA IF YOU COULD DO SOME MANIFOLDS FOR 67 PIPE TO FIT ONTO THE HR91 MOTORS SHE SAID YOU WERE WORKING ON MY ORDER AND SHOULD BE READY SOON ALSO WAITING ON SOME PROPS FOR MY TWIN,FROM YOUR CNC MACHINE ARE YOU ANY CLOSER????? AND I SE ON ANOTHER THREAD THAT YOUR NOT FAR OFF MAKING P/SLEEVE SETS FOR 21`S???? IS THAT RIGHT???

THANKS KEVIN.

HI ANDY KEVIN HERE I HAVE ABOUT 20 OF YOUR PIPES THAT I HAVE PURCHASED FROM YOU BUT I ONLY HAVE HAD PROBLEMS WITH ONE 90 SIZE PIPE THATS ON MY TWIN,I HAVE ALSO ASKED DONNA IF YOU COULD DO SOME MANIFOLDS FOR 67 PIPE TO FIT ONTO THE HR91 MOTORS SHE SAID YOU WERE WORKING ON MY ORDER AND SHOULD BE READY SOON ALSO WAITING ON SOME PROPS FOR MY TWIN,FROM YOUR CNC MACHINE ARE YOU ANY CLOSER????? AND I SE ON ANOTHER THREAD THAT YOUR NOT FAR OFF MAKING P/SLEEVE SETS FOR 21`S???? IS THAT RIGHT???

THANKS KEVIN.
Yes Kevin, that is correct on everything.

Just let Donna know about your pipe and she will get you down for a replacement.

Good boating,

Andy

Tig weld is a good solution but the problem is the "loctite".A friend of my tig welded my 90 pipe when it was never used and he said some bad words because of gue coming out.

So it would be a good choise to be able to get it w/o the gue........

Kim two good things with bar stock is that it`s quite easy to get the exact design of the pipe you want and the second is that you can make it in a very hard alu if you want.

Anders
Bar stock AL ALY certainly does make it easy to make design changes, but there is alot of waste and to get thin wall sections, of some lenght,without "chatter marks" is tricky at very high speeds. Considerable speed can be gained in production by designing a conection point that doesnt rely on threads and grinding a form tool to pruduce the ID shape, especially on small ID sections where you are using a small boring bar. The OD is never a problem as you can make heavy depths of cut at 2000+SFM. :eek:

The spinning process while usally done with condition"0" material in 1000 or 3000 series alloy does produce a soft malleable part with some cold work hardening; but that said there are some AL ALY's that can be spun that will work harden to quite good physical properties. Like anything else it comes down to material ,operator technique and tools. ;)

PS Andy ,I received all the stuff I ordered from your sale. thanks and looks great.

Mark

Ron,

Andy,

Is it tomorrow yet? :huh:

Ron
Tomorrow will finally come tommorow :)

When you see it you'll want us to send one along with your props! :D

I HEAR YOU AND I KNOW THAT WOULD BE A SIMPLE FIX,BUT WHY PAY GOOD MONEY FOR A PIPE AND THAN HAVE TO TIG WELD IT??????IF THERE IS A DESIGN PROBLEM WITH THE PIPE AND IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS BY OTHER BOATERS ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS THAN I THOUGHT I WOULD ASK THE DESINER IF HE HAS FOUND AWAY TO REPAIR AND FIX THE PIPES THAT ARE ALREADY OUT THERE?????

KEVIN.
I have heard of several people commenting about the problem of the pipe coming unscrewed and/or the pipes just not working well. I have run the pipe and experienced it unscrewing as well. I tried more loctite and one guy here used JB weld. Andy suggested stronger loctite. A boater here suggested soft mounting the pipe like the parabolics and the rubber busing rather than hard mounting screw into the slot on the pipe. This has worked better but still not full proof. Now I just check at the end of the day. But really I don't know what all the big fuss is about. Just sounds like routine check and maintenance to me. I am sure there are a few of us that have found that bolt or screw that just doesn't seem to stay tight for some reason. So what do you do??? You just check it every once in a while. Even when it loosens up I have never noticed a difference performance.

A man once said there is no progress without struggle.

In an attempt to build better, faster, stronger and cheaper products with less effort for us all, Andy has surely had some struggles. Simply give him your feedback so he knows what needs improvement and with time I am sure you will see progress.

Years ago I remember spending all afternoon just to get my boat to do 70mph down the straight-away on calm day with no other boats around. This past race someone caught me in a rough corner in a heat race with 4 other boats at about 70 and I don't even test.

Progress... It will come.

Anyone get one yet? Still no picture on the website. Andy, is it tomorrow yet? :p

Anyone get one yet? Still no picture on the website. Andy, is it tomorrow yet? :p
Russell,

There's a barber here in town that advertises in his storefront "free haircuts tomorrow". Apparently he's never had to cut hair for free. What do you think Andy, "free parabolic pipes tomorrow"??? :rolleyes:

Ron

That's funny! Yea, I ordered one for myself, just haven't seen one yet. Just stirrin' the pot..... ;)

I got photos, but I can't figure out how to upload them from Donna's computer....she's been out sick all day.

Anyway, they are now ready to start shipping Friday and maybe I can get a pic uploaded too.

Back