A/A Items

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Al Hobbs

Legend of the NW
Vendor
I now have A/A 45 engines with the sloped intakes in stock. They are at the same suggested retail price as 2 years ago, $410.00 delivered in the USA.

Also new are machined aluminum headers. There is a 10 degree 45 size and a 10 degree 67/80 size. The 45 header is $35.00 and the 67/80 is $39.00. Prices are delivered in the USA.

And, A/A now has a 67/80 parabolic style, muffled tuned pipe. The price is $85.00 delivered in the USA.

Al Hobbs

I now have A/A 45 engines with the sloped intakes in stock. They are at the same suggested retail price as 2 years ago, $410.00 delivered in the USA.

Also new are machined aluminum headers. There is a 10 degree 45 size and a 10 degree 67/80 size. The 45 header is $35.00 and the 67/80 is $39.00. Prices are delivered in the USA.

And, A/A now has a 67/80 parabolic style, muffled tuned pipe. The price is $85.00 delivered in the USA.

Al Hobbs
Al so it's been along time awaiting for a 67/84 size motor is there any update to this or is this a dead issue?

Brian

I spent way too much time and money trying to get the A/A 67/84 produced in the USA. I found that it takes somebody who understands small nitro engines to make them properly. Engineering firms and high quality machine shops just do not understand our nitro engines.

Money can be replaced, lost time is just lost.

I am currently negotiating mould prices to have them produced in Italy. It helps that the Euro is down somewhat, but with the situation in Italy and their banks might be suspect.

That is pretty much a simplified version of what has been going on and where it is now.

Al Hobbs

Al,

jet engineering makes engines for model planes maybe they can do boats motors they are extremely knowledgeable and know what they are doing..

they can pretty much make just about anything and they have all the equipment necessary

http://jettengineering.com/

julian

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Al,

Just don't be within swinging range if you say "boat" to Dub Jett. CHEERS !!! Bob

Ditto for me too on the 84 Mac motors. I have been working on an older Mongoose Twin this week and only have decent Mac 67 motors for it as well as a 67/84 Eagle SG Twin that I purchased real recently on IW. I 90 Picco motors as well but prefer the Mac motors with the angled carbs to help prevent water from entering the motor(s).

Al I know you have came up to bat for the Nitro guys for years.

Thanks

Brad

The mould we are discussing with Rossi will make both a 67 and an 84. So, one outer mould and two different inner moulds. The piston/sleeves will fit the MAC engines. The cranks will fit the MAC engines. Just as with the A/A 45, I expect to have a sloped intake version and a flat intake version.

It is scary to work with Italian banks right now, but that is the choice.

I have a very good friend in Italy that is coordinating the discussions for me as he speaks very good English and Italian.

No promises other than we are moving forward again.

Al Hobbs

Al,

the new Billet Headers are great! Just like Andy’s!! Please think about producing some for the 91/101..

Muchas Gracias,

W

The billet headers used Andy's design as a starting point. I really like Andy's headers. The A/A headers are thicker where the springs connect so they are less apt to where through. The 45 A/A headers are 1/thou thicker through the tube.

It is difficult to sell engines without cable collets and headers. So, I pretty much had to get some produced.

A new 21 is way down the list. It has been a struggle to get the 67 and 84 going. Let's get that finished first.

Al Hobbs

The billet headers used Andy's design as a starting point. I really like Andy's headers. The A/A headers are thicker where the springs connect so they are less apt to where through. The 45 A/A headers are 1/thou thicker through the tube.

It is difficult to sell engines without cable collets and headers. So, I pretty much had to get some produced.

A new 21 is way down the list. It has been a struggle to get the 67 and 84 going. Let's get that finished first.

Al Hobbs
WORD :p

Allan Hobbs, This is Gary Staus, I bought a pipe and a couple of headers from you at Hobart. I was in Buckshots pit. Anyway....Buckshot told me that you have 4 billit CMB 90 headers 10 deg. hydro for sale. I would like to buy all 4. My email is [email protected]. If you can let me know if you still have these I would appreciate it. Thanks Gary Staus

Latest posts

Back