A/A Items

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rossi emailed me last week to say that the moulds were completed. I should receive some crankcase castings for inspection in another week or so. If the castings are correct, I'll have them make a run of the A/A67 engines. Depending on how well they run, I'll follow with the A/A84. I'm still expecting to have A/A67 engines available in late May. Hopefully the A/A 84 will be available in June or July.

Al Hobbs
AL any word yet on this? I'm sure everyone is just waiting to here good news.

Brian

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Brian,

I sent Rossi a similar email yesterday. They promised me that I would have the crankcases last week. Must be another Italian timing thing.

Frustrating.

Al Hobbs

AL did they get back to you on the motor yet? Or are they still on the Italian time line.

Brian

I received the proto type crankcase three weeks ago. It was not correct so I did not accept it. They will have to produce a new, correct mould and then send me the crankcase for acceptance. Rossi tells me they are preparing a new mould and I should see it soon. This is quite frustrating.

Great! I'm happy that you like it.

Rossi emailed me last week that they are making a new 67/84 mould. Obviously it is too late for this racing season.

Al Hobbs

Hi Steven,

Almost all manufacturing in Italy shuts down during August. It is their vacation time. Rossi told me that they would be working on a new mould and let me know the status after August.

I think that in Italy, the word "Promise" actually means "probably".

Al Hobbs

I do know Al is on a wilderness trip on horseback. I wouldn't expect a response for a few days anyway.

Bill

I don't hear from Al Hobb seem quiet
default_rolleyes.gif
any word new engines???

Sorry I have not been responding on the internet for a week or so. I am out of town for a bit longer and will be back home next week.

Rossi tells me that the 67 will be produced in March. They have made promises before. I am putting pressure on them, but they have thick skins.

They have been paid already, so we'll see how they respond.

Al Hobbs

happy new year al...

thanx for all you do for us boat dorks...

do these piston/sleeve assemblies fit the k motor? or are we movin on to the A/A .67?

thanx,

Len

Big Al,

PM me your mailing address and I'll get an engine coming to you on Monday or Tuesday next week. I'm on a trip this week and will not be home until Sunday night or Monday daytime.

Rick,

I expect the A/A 67 to be available in late May. I have paid for the tooling and I am waiting to inspect the cast crankcases before approving an order. The moulds should be completed in March, so late May is an educated guess. The A/A67 price will be between $480.00 and $490.00 delivered in the USA.

The A/A 67 will also be numbered. If you have a low number A/A 45 and want to get the same number A/A 67, let me know.

If everything goes well, I'll follow with an A/A 84 later this summer. It will use the same outer mould as the A/A 67. The A/A 84 should sell for $490.00 to $500.00, depending on what the Euro does.

Piston/Sleeve assemblies will fit the MAC 67 and MAC 84. Crankshaft will also fit the MAC 67 and MAC 84. They will use a steel rod and needles.

Depending on how the 67 and 84 engines sell, a small case A/A 90 will follow. Similar in overall size to the K90, the A/A 90 should provide great rpm.

That is about all I can say for right now. The goal is to provide a quality engine at a competitive price.

Al Hobbs

Al, this is Ron Lauderdale up in Lakeland, Fl. Just read that you have the billet headers like Andy used to make. Can you tell me if they are tapered to fit Andys pipes like his headers were? If so I would like to buy one. How much do you get for them? Thanks.

The A/A billett headers are a bit heavier than the ones Andy produced. They are available for 45 and 67 size engines and will slide inside most 45 or 67 size pipes. They are available in 10 degrees and 15 degrees.

The 45 sizes come delivered with a spring in the USA for $35.00. The 67 sizes come delivered with a spring in the USA for $39.00. There is a lighter version for the 45 sizes at $28.00 delivered with a spring. These are shorter overall and do not have a shoulder on the tube.

Al Hobbs

Al, I would like to try one of your billet headers for my MAC 45, and since it's in an SGX rigger I need the 10 degree. Hopefully Andy's XTS pipe will slide into the header. Also do you carry the rubber seal that goes between the header and exhaust stack on the motor? If so I would like 2 of those. Please let me know my total and how you would prefer payment. I don't have pay pal, but any other method is fine with me. Thanks very much!

Latest posts

Back