New 3.5cc Outboard

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,

I can fix the CMB motor .21 green head, bush the rod & PTO

to keep it from leaking .001-.0015 clearance. Factory clearance is about .004-.005 not good. I have fixed about 30 of these greenheads this year. Hope this helps.Give me a try. : :)

Tim

Precision Boats Racing.com

[email protected]

hey e lafleur i think I've heard that name somewhere..... your into the twin riggers right????

There is something about the sound of twin engines that gives you goose bumps. I saw this gas twin cat run once and the sound it made was scary!

Later!

Ed Radz

Good Morning Guys!

I got an an answer to an email I sent to Andy Brown. The MAC .21 outboard will be out in the December/January time frame. He will have a 90 degree header for it. Thats all the details I got in the email. I sure would like to know a price on this thing. I am replacing a very tired Rossi OB. If I had to buy a motor today of whats available, it would be a Novarossi. But! I'm gonna cry laying out 500 bucks for 1 motor. :'( I got a MAC now in a mono and I'm happy with the performance and customer support from Andy Brown. I guess I will have to wait and see how this plays out. I have Spring to make a decision. This almost sounds like a forum question! Which OB should Ed hang on the back of his tunnel boat? Novarossi or MAC? ???

Later!

Ed Radz

Hea Dudes

The news from Andy that Ed has posted is good and bad. If it comes with a 90deg header then one might read in that there is little chance that the motor will come with a lower unit and MUFFLER.. : :) ..

I hope that my reading in to this is very wrong. Becides if designed right one could pop the muffler off and slap a pipe on.

One more thing "last time ill say it too" if that if this motor is designed to sit atop a .150 cable i will freek out..

SOMEBODY JUMP IN AND CHANGE THIS RETARDED STANDARD...hum..hum..andy

Grim

it is my understanding that at first the mac outboard will only be a powerhead. : :) Why doesent someone talk lawless into making their lower unit in .187??

Hey Ernie,

That's some serious hardware you have going there. The pipe on the Nova looks pretty big. I think I can do the PTO myself but will still need to get a crank from the US. I knew there was a reason I was keeping those Nova's and 7.5 lowers.

thanks for the great pics

GT ;D

Hi Kris,

A PTO is a Power Take Off - it's the thing that connects the engines crankshaft to the flexcable.

GT :)

Let me ask this again. Has anyone had any luck with Dave Rippe, the Rossi distributer? He should have everything, lower units, prop shafts, flex shafts, and Rossi powerheads, needed to assemble complete outboards.

Lohring Miller

Lohring

A few guys i know run Rossi but thy buy the stuff from Preusse. I can not say what up with David R's deal.

He must be making a go of it however as parts always seem to be their.

Grim

getting back to the original topic, there is a pretty good discusion on rcboat.com about the new MAC outboard. sounds like Andy is stepping up to the plate with the drive and everything, just dont know when.

I placed my name on the MAC 21 Outboard list. Andy said mid to late January(hopefully). So, guess we'll just have to wait. Just finished a new WOF 30 to clamp that MAC OB on the transom. Will be running the boat with my CMB Green Head 21 OB first, so I'll have a pretty good idea how the MAC compares to what I've been running.

JD

Hey JD!

As soon as you get your MAC OB21 on the water, we need a review like you did for the 45 tunnel & 45 Nelson OB.

Later!

Ed Radz

Latest posts

Back