New .18 size pipe from Aquacraft

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may present itself as a problem that the IMPBA may have to work out for the RTR class, namely, will the new production pieces be allowed to be retrofitted to older model hulls and remain stock? I wouldn't want to be the one making the decision on that one!

this new pipe should address the issue of having to put a muffler on the old stock pipe to get it quiet enough. Greg, I think this will be ok for us in dist. 8 as it is stock for the new vegas and is a production Aquacraft part. our rules will allow this pipe, should be no problem.

this new pipe should address the issue of having to put a muffler on the old stock pipe to get it quiet enough. Greg, I think this will be ok for us in dist. 8 as it is stock for the new vegas and is a production Aquacraft part. our rules will allow this pipe, should be no problem.
I thought that was pretty much a standard rule for stock RTR...that you can use any hardware from other version of the same boat. I will need to go look to see how it is worded though..wondering if a person can use the old engine in a new hull, with the tuned pipe of course.

Sean

EDIT: Here is what the proposed IMPBA rules say about exhaust:

2. Exhaust: Exhaust system must remain in the stock condition as the boat was received in the RTR box. If

equipped with a tuned pipe, length adjustments are allowed. Replacement of tuned pipe couplers with an

alternate material is also allowed. Addition of extra cooling outside the header is permitted. Also permitted

is the addition of extra muffling, to quiet the boat down, as long as the original exhaust remains in

place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back