New .18 size pipe from Aquacraft

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenn Quarles

Supporting Member
Friends, I constantly have folks asking me to build pipes for their .18 size RTR's so I am very happy to get to announce a new product from our friends at Aquacraft. A year or more ago Russ and Grim asked me to design a new quiet pipe for them...I did and it is now for sale through Tower Hobbies.

The pipe is very quite, is very well made made, and both Grim and I saw at least a 4-5 mph increase in speed on a stock Miss Vegas over the orginal pipe. And yes it is pretty much a drop in replacement for the Miss Vegas.

They are being sold under the Super Tiger brand name and at the GREAT price of around $25! I don't know the part number, but they are called the

"Q 18 quiet pipe".

I tried one of my prototypes on my .21 hydro and it looked like it may work great on it also!

Glenn

Glenn, will you be stocking this pipe in your inventory??

Would rather give you the bussiness.

Alden

It's about time! I knew that Glenn was working on this quite a while ago but kept my lips sealed. If it's anything like his Texan .12 pipe you guys are gonna love it!

not that it really matter but those who have seen it what does it look like?

hmm... how do I get one of these bad boys up in Canada?
order one from towers.

unless you can get one of your LHS to order you one, but in the end it may be cheaper for you to get it directly.

unless Glenn has some.

Dan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I will try to get some for stock. I may have to buy from Tower in volume and my price may end up being a bit higher than theirs, but at least I will have some incase you need something else from me.

I really think these will be the pipes to have for the .15-.18 engines.

They look like a typical muffled pipe except the outlet comes out offset. It it a true tuned pipe iwth very nice angles on both the front and rear cones with about a 1" flat section to wided the power band. The muffeling system I came up with works very well...th exhaust flow makes two 180 degree turns, but uses big enough stingers (both the normal stinger coming out of the rear cone and the stinger through the muffling section) so no additional exhaust restriction is created. The workmanship on the pipes are VERY nice with all of the welds machined off and the whole pipe polished almost like chrome.

When I talked with Russ yesterday he mentioned that tower only had a few right now, but I assume they will be getting more in the near future.

Glenn

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the new pipe. I put it beside a MACS .15 Muffled Pipe for comparsion. Its less then half the price of the MACS and comes with a pressure fitting. :D I will see how it works on the Nova.

Super%20Tigre%20004.jpg

Zach

Ya they sure do look nice, there is a pic of this pipe mated to the new super tigre .18 in the thread ron olson posted about the new mv duece hull.

Alden

Glenn;

mine is on it's way from Tower and will be trying it on a Valvola to see what happens there. for 25 bucks i can't go wrong.

carl

Will this pipe be shipped with a new Vegas? If not I can't use it with the class rules we have up here. Greg

Back