Needing prayers again

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Kensill

Those of you who know me, know about my battle with Parkinson's Disease. Now the battery in my neural stimulator is failing prematurely. It was supposed to last 5-6 years, but it has been less than 2 1/2 years and it will be dead in less than three weeks. It will cost about $25,000 to replace it, and I have no insurance. No insurance company will write me a major medical policy because of the Parkinson's. I meet with my surgeon and the rep from Medtronic to see what kind of deal can be worked out. Just gotta love the good old USA. They will pay lazy people to do nothing, but take someone who has worked all their life and paid their taxes, and now needs help, and I don't qualify for assistance. By the way, I checked in to "Obama care", and it will cost me $900/month with a $1000 deductible. I am not on here asking for money, just your prayers. In less than three weeks I will be sitting in my recliner shaking uncontrollably and watching TV.

Bob Kensill

Dam Bob so sorry to hear this. Me Mitch and the boys will be praying for you and Karen.

bob , sorry to hear this , my wife is suffering with SCA (spino cerebellar ataxia )which has no cure no treatment , you have my sympathies....recently a young girl needed I believe a liver transplant ( the case drew national attention ) no appropriate sized liver was available for this little girl and medical policy was not to use an adult size liver in a child....after much social and political pointing fingers at each other an adult sized liver was found and the little girl is doing OK....just maybe if could get some regional attention to your problem (ie the local media or some political group or a church group ) you deserve some attention and help....bob

bob, wish we had the $ to donate to you, but we dont. obama has fixed me up also, my wife and my insurance went to $1550.00 per month with meds . kinda put a damper on a lot of my plans. we will pray for you and karen as you work through this.

God bless you.

dan

Never underestimate the power of prayer! Had a meeting with my surgeon and the rep from Medtronic, the company that made my neural stimulator. The surgeon has offered his services for free. Medtronic has offered a new unit at no charge. My surgeon has talked to the hospital and I will know if they are going to offer their facilities for free by tomorrow afternoon. Thanks to all for the prayers

Never underestimate the power of prayer! Had a meeting with my surgeon and the rep from Medtronic, the company that made my neural stimulator. The surgeon has offered his services for free. Medtronic has offered a new unit at no charge. My surgeon has talked to the hospital and I will know if they are going to offer their facilities for free by tomorrow afternoon. Thanks to all for the prayers
Bob that's great news!! I will send some prayers for you.

Prayers are with you for good health and more good news from the hospital.

That is AWSOME bob and you are 100% correct Prayer changes every thing. We are so happy for you. The Atwell's

Bob, you're better off going into a hospital with no insurance. I found out what most hospitals don't want you to know, that half of what I pay to them goes for people without insurance. I don't know how this will work out now with Obamacare.

I'd also check to see if any of the Parkinson's Disease foundations can do anything for you.

WOW! That's awesome, I'll keep one praying too

Back