Please help a freind of all of us {DONATIONS REQUESTED}

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Reisinger

A freind of many of us has health problems and need's help from as many that can ....

You see this was the Guy that got many of us started and has helped even more of us for

30 years ..........

He has been a strong compeditor and beleaves in our hobby and the young kids, he has been a close freind to many right here on I.W.

As a outboard director before and now again he has lived a life dedicated to this hobby..

If you can donate $5 or $10 or more please do ...........

Here is a mesage that was posted on FACE-BOOK .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`````

Bob Kensill
Most of my friends here on Facebook don't know about my battle with Parkinson's Disease. I was diagnosed about five years ago with "tremor predominate Parkinson's " at first, medicine helped but over time, it wore off quicker and quicker. Finally in 2011, it was decided that I was a good candidate for Deep Brain Stimulation surgery. DBS consists of a probe inserted in to the brain with leads running to a small "computer" in my chest. The battery in the device is supposed to last 5-6 years. I had the surgery in April 2011, and now the battery is failing prematurely. The surgery will cost between $25,000 and $50,000. I have no major medical insurance, because no one will insure a person with Parkinson's. I do not have that kind of money and the battery will be dead in about three weeks. I appealed to the hospital, surgeon and Medtronic for any help they could give me. I met with the surgeon and Medtronic rep today. The surgeon has offered his services for free and he called the hospital to do the same. The hospital should be letting me know tomorrow. Medtronic has offered to provide a new unit for free if the hospital says yes. We may have to pay about $500 toward the anesthesiologist and lab. The surgery is scheduled for Oct 23. I am amazed at the selfless charity of all three groups and how quick they all made it happen. I am without words at this time, but I will find a way to thank everyone involved in an appropriate way. I have seen the power of prayer firsthand and it has boosted my faith! I will share the rest of the story after the surgery. Why can't all the selfish politicians in this country try working together and see what can be done in our country
I pray all of you have something you can give ...

Pay-pal to [email protected]

Thank You All

Rick Reisinger

Good luck Bob. Keep us posted. We missed you and Karen in Charleston.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back