Mod-VP Rules and Specs.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok looks like it uploaded.

If you are racing or are interested in Mod-VP please read. With three races and possibly a fourth that are including the class this season we need to get this posted.

There are two things that have been updated from the first rules that many of you have from several years ago.

First, an illustration that clearly shows a tunnel hull with an inset transom in relation to the pod inset.

Second, a line in the text that points out that the minimum pod width for any hull over 32" long is 1.5". This was added for future reference in case larger class boats are ever built. It keeps the pod width in proportion with a larger hull.

The drawings are MUCH better now that they have been cleaned up in CAD.

There are many different shapes and designs of hulls that can be built to meet the specs. If you are working on something and have questions, feel free to contact me. I would like to thank Carl Van Houten for his time and effort with his computer program to make it look much improved over the original. There are already many class entries in the Tunnel Masters.

would like to THANK YOU an Andy again

it was a lot more trouble then any tunnel to set up

but turns out a lot of fun to run really enjoyed it once I got it

trying to get more involved in the class here

will have to see this summer

Marty

Mark , first and foremost thank you and Carl for your efforts. Secondly , I'm sorry.

Looking forward to seeing who comes up with what in 2014- Can you guys catch the Visions this year ???

Gonna be a VERY FUN next few years
default_cool.png

Marty, its all about involving more boaters to the class, I only passed on what started me- Mark deserves ALL the credit for the rebuild
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Well you guys have gotten a lot of run time on your boats that's for sure. We will have to come up with something quick!

Mark has got to show us the boat he has been working on all this time. He says it is fast.

-Carl

I am using the boat I raced last time as a test hull for changing some things on the bottom. Should know this weekend how it goes.

Andy, all my boat needs to do is carry more speed around the turns and the Visions will be looking for some improvement of their own. At some point I am going to design a mono just for an outboard and just for this class. Make things interesting. Now if we could get Darris and Rourke into this and have them get into a boat design war that would really be fun.
default_biggrin.png

Going to move this to the top just this once. With the class being offered at races in Ga. FL. and S.C. need to make sure it is not overlooked. I see it has been downloaded over 30 times. Time to choose you weapon boys and girls and get to work!
default_cool.png

I am using the boat I raced last time as a test hull for changing some things on the bottom. Should know this weekend how it goes.

Andy, all my boat needs to do is carry more speed around the turns and the Visions will be looking for some improvement of their own. At some point I am going to design a mono just for an outboard and just for this class. Make things interesting. Now if we could get Darris and Rourke into this and have them get into a boat design war that would really be fun.
default_biggrin.png
mark, thanx to you & carl for straightening the spec's out. you talk about a mono for this class, are you talking about a mono or a mono with sponsons, similar to mic's HTV hulls. what are your thoughts regarding the byrd's hornet in this class? if i'm gonna set it up, i need to know. either i'll race it, or it's back burnered as a play boat.

Not sure right now Robin but it will be an experiment with probably several scratch builds. Different deadrise angles and might be with sponsons, just have to see. I can tell you the top side will look like a 20ft. Allison.

I don't see a problem with the Byrd boat after all it is a mono with a concave pad. May not be legal as a mono (in mono class) but it can have that pad and the flared out sides in Mod-VP.

" I don't see a problem with the Byrd boat after all it is a mono with a concave pad. May not be legal as a mono (in mono class) but it can have that pad and the flared out sides in Mod-VP."

I would love to play with that set up for Mod Vp - anyone have one they want to sell ????

" I don't see a problem with the Byrd boat after all it is a mono with a concave pad. May not be legal as a mono (in mono class) but it can have that pad and the flared out sides in Mod-VP."

I would love to play with that set up for Mod Vp - anyone have one they want to sell ????
i'll call ya, may have a lead
default_wink.png

Yes, an outboard mono can race, it states that in the rules. Which is kinda cool since IMPBA has no OB mono class. If someone came up with a hot running OB mono then they could race it in Mod-VP. It was this way in the full scale class.

I have a Microburst that I converted to OB that runs real good until the water gets chopped up. That steep deadrise makes it rock and roll. But, it does corner very well.

Maybe Im just not tilting my head right when I read the rules at the beginning of thread, If its a Mono doesn't it have to have some sort of sponsons and a center pad - Just what I get from cruising through the attached pdf on the drawings, I could be way off and Im sure Mark or Mic can clarify.

Rrrick, shoot me a pm
default_wink.png

Andy

Back