ML Boatworks- Scale & Sport Hydro, O/B Tunnel & Kneeler, and Mono laser cut kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Mike, for a minute there I was resigning myself to putting a new deck on the one I have. Is there much difference in the deck crown profile between this and the 8200?I have drawings for 8200 but not for 8710. I may still redeck the one I have as well as a new build, just for fun.
default_rolleyes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Mike, for a minute there I was resigning myself to putting a new deck on the one I have. Is there much difference in the deck crown profile between this and the 8200?I have drawings for 8200 but not for 8710. I may still redeck the one I have as well as a new build, just for fun.
default_rolleyes.gif
Bob, The 8710 is finished, I just need to put it on cut sheets. Sorry for the long delay. It will be on the website by the end of the week. Thanks, Mike

8701WinstonPlans_zps36f9ff9a.jpg

Great! can you do it without windows on the side of the engine wells? Mine will be a nitro boat, and I like to keep all the goo and messy nitro stuff confined to the engine well.

Darin, I have to much to do to sleep. I have a lot more stands to design, Glenn's Texan .12, and probably 30 or so more hull designs in my head. I also want to release a fiberglass sport hydro or tunnel this year too.

MORE SOON! Mike

Darin, I have to much to do to sleep. I have a lot more stands to design, Glenn's Texan .12, and probably 30 or so more hull designs in my head. I also want to release a fiberglass sport hydro or tunnel this year too.

MORE SOON! Mike
Texan 12... ****, that's right... I need to get one of those too!

The 8710 Cellular One 1/8th scale Extreme kit is now done as well. I have all the cut sheets done and will add it to the website tomorrow. Mike

default_rolleyes.gif
Bob, the 150/ 8710 kit is now listed in the Extreme Series tab and under 1/8th scale. Thanks, Mike

All of the sport hydro and outboard tunnel stands are now available on the website! Mike

THS-335_zps2341c088.jpg

This is a list I started over on OSE back in January. It kind of shows the progress made in the last few months and what is coming. If you have any questions, please ask! Mike

Here is an updated list:

1) Gas Thunder boat design - half done

2) Glenn Quarles Texan .12 size outrigger - started

3) Lots of 1/8th scale kits have been started, and I would love to finish them up soon. Some of them are the "Extreme Series" kits. More have been added

4)The 32" Nitro Wild thing has been released, and John will be building the 36" FE prototype Wild Thing over the holidays and testing. I am also finalizing the 32" FE version, and will be making a cowling plug/ mold. 32" Nitro, 32" FE, 34" FE, 36" FE and 45" Gas are all available now!

5) Make changes to the 36.5" and 39.5" FE and nitro O/B Tunnels. (the prototype FE 39.5" is the fasted tunnel in IMPBA @ 78.42mph combined, 79.5mph fast pass, but needs some sponson mods to turn better) Changes made, have to find time and budget to build and test.

6) A 38" sport 40 version of the GSX480 gas sport hydroplane if the testing turns out as well as we hope on the gas version...testing on that is hopefully this weekend. GSX480 is a success and available now. 38" sport 40 version has been started!

7) YES, I plan on doing a P-limited, full P and Q rigger this year. That is one thing that is very high on the list. Brian, I would love to discuss things with you. No change in status yet.

8) A smaller mono around 27" would be good...however John taught me a lot on mono design, and it will be a challenge to run properly due to length. No change in status yet.

9)1/10th scale hydroplane trailer...a smaller version of the just released 1/8th scale version! The 1/8th scale trailer has brought so little attention not sure I will waste the time on a 1/10th scale version.

10) 46" Gas O/B tunnel...Competition is looming, so its time to go for broke! What could be better than taking the winning est gas tunnel of all time, and make it faster. The GX480 is still number 1 on the market. Until that changes, not going to worry about it.

11) I have some plans for a 36" CAT that I have wanted to use as a base plan for years now..maybe that happens soon. I saw someone post about a split top and bottom version...I may look into that!

12) An Airboat No change in status yet.

13) A ski vee type hull No change in status yet.

14) A fun retrieval boat No change in status yet.

15) A kids lineup of kits...simple, beginner kits No change in status yet.

New things added since the last list.

1) A full lineup of nice plywood boat stands has been released. I have them for the sport hydro, o/b tunnel, and riggers. Scale hydro, wild thing mono, and o/b kneeler will soon follow.

2) Price adjustments have been made for most kits, all being lower!

3) As of 4/1/14, all kits that include fiberglass cowlings, and replacement cowlings come in white gel coat...no pin holes, perfectly smooth!

4) Gift certificates available

5) I now have a builder to build tunnels and sport hydroplanes. Email or call for info! He has been doing a great job!

6) Website now has birch plywood and basswood sticks to help save the builder on shipping money if they need a kit and ply!

7) As stated above, there is now a full line of Wild Thing Mono's and the GSX480 Gas Sport Hydro has been tested, and is available!

8) Two sizes of o/b kneeler are now available, 32" and 35"

If I remember anything else, I will add it! Good luck in the race season everyone. Mike

20140330_171042_LLS_zps109886a8.jpg

20140410_063030_zps7dd84980.jpg

THS-320_zpsaa2184b5.jpg

IMGP5051_zps0d7980a2.jpg

Lots of good stuff going on Mike...alot of hard work to get where you are at!!

Can't wait for #7 on your list: Riggers!!! : )

-Kent

Thanks a lot Kent. FE riggers seem to be on everyones mind. I really need to get crackin on a full lineup. Glenn's rigger is a beautiful piece as well. Its the first rigger that I have ever seen that actually has character. That one will be first.

Hey, some may view it has hard work, I view it as fun. I just wish I had more time to sit down and work on new things! Mike

Lots of cool stuff Mike. 21 nitro rigger would be cool.
default_biggrin.png
Rene, I just finished the sponson for the .21 Texan Classic last night. I think it is going to be an awesome race boat!
GQ
Looking forward to seeing that Glenn! Are the sponsons shingled?

-Kent
Kent, not right now, but I may add them once I run the boat if I think it needs them.

Yeah I am excited about Mike making these kits!

GQ

Back