ML Boatworks- Scale & Sport Hydro, O/B Tunnel & Kneeler, and Mono laser cut kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess it will be up to Mike to work his magic. If any one can make it work it will be Mike. Thank Glenn I hope this works would love to have a killer P hydro

Jerry,

If I don't get the .12 done soon Glenn is probably gonna be getting mad at me! I do look forward to getting that done, and hopefully working on the .21 rigger soon down the road. So many things to do. I have 140 kits knocked out so no need to stop now! haha.

Talk soon guys, Mike

Mike I could use another 21 rigger (hint hint)
default_biggrin.png

As mentioned the other day, the 1/8th scale GREEN DRAGON, 113 Newton, 6240 MHR U-40 Miss Bardahl kit is now complete! Well, now the GAS scale version of this kit is done as well. I will add it to the website asap! 1/10th scale soon! Mike

I wanted to share with the rigger guys that I will be offering a low cost, Jaguar inspired rigger stand for large twins, large singles, and small riggers...and other variations by request. Attached is a stand for a twin 101. I did 5 specialty stands for Don Ferrette, and this is one of them. I will be adding some "base size" versions to the website soon with dimensions. If you have any special needs, please just PM me your width requirements. The "hockey sticks" are (3) layers of 1/4" birch that you glue together, and the tail plate is also (3) layers of 1/4" birch. The rear support plate can be positioned to the toy tab slot that best suits the rigger it will support before the dowel rods are glued in place. Should help create a very custom fit. The tail plate is left in this standard configuration so the buyer can slot out the stuffing tube opening to their liking, and if the rigger has rear shoes they can slot the outside edges. I don't want to get to terribly specific so these will fit a wide range of needs!

The buyer will supply his own 3/4" dowel rod which is easy to get at lowes/ home depot. This way I can drop ship out the stands and minimize shipping costs. Let me know your thoughts, Mike

RiggerStand_zps23c2bedb.jpg

OK, so what I am doing, is gathering info from all the interested parties so far, taking their measurement data, and I am going to make a line of rigger stands that will fit either single or twin, and will fit certain length ranges. Last night I worked on the first few designs. Here are the 3d images of the stands with measurements. I have also decided to just do a full stand lineup for all my sport hydro, tunnels, the rigger lineup, scale hydroplanes w/ option prop protection, and for my kneeler hydros. Seems like a lot of people are looking for things like this. The good thing is all the stands will be usable not only for my kits, but any hull that fits the size range. I will be sure all the kits specify all the lengths. I also wanted to make sure everyone knew these were kits, and not prebuilt. You will only really need to glue the layers of ply together, add your dowel rods and paint or epoxy.

Here is the Single 18-30" stand:

RS-SG1830_zps76913b34.jpg

Here is the Single 22-34"

RS-SG2234_zps77b7e02d.jpg

and Here is the Twin 22-34":

RS-TW2234_zps49e22738.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kent, sounds like you are in need of the SHS-400 stand. It just became available!
default_smile.png
I will have prices soon. I have to send everything over to the laser guy and have him work out the prices. Thanks, stay tuned...many more to come! Mike

Here is the SHS-400 that is designed to fit the GP400 and the SX400 Sport 40 hydroplanes.

SHS-400_zps1d8747f3.jpg

Great! When you get some back from the laser guy, set one of those aside for me...

Thanks Mike!

Mike just a quick question. Namba requires the prop to be blocked by the stand right. Are these stands only for impba. I may be wrong.

I will be offering prop protection as an option for the scale hydroplane stands. Looks like you run some 1/8th scale stuff so you will be good to go. I will only be making stands for my sport hydros, so that probably won't affect you I guess? Thanks, Mike

Thanks. That's what I was getting at. I suck at making stands and yours looks awesome and easy. When you get scale stands going I'll be looking at getting one. Thanks.

I talked to Dick L. this morning and he said I might wanna think about offering the prop protection box as an option for all the stands...So, I am going to do that. I also sent over a file to the laser guy today to get a baseline done. I should know more soon, Mike

The PX300, NX300, PS295, and NS295 O/B tunnel hull stand is now available. Other tunnel sizes soon! The tunnel stands have skeg holders, and prop protection standard.

THS-300_zps30f59c5c.jpg

Hey Bob, I just received an email from someone else about the 8710. I have it close to being done. I will try and finish that up asap. It is an extreme kit, which is why its taken longer...that and other things have pulled me away from it. Mike

Hey Mike what's the latest estimate on timing for the 8710 kit?
Bob, Looks like I am further along on the 8710 than I thought. I actually have most of the framing finished, and was working on the center pan when I abandoned the design! Keep on me...I will get it done! Mike

8701Winston3d-Model_zps2b79e8e3.jpg

Back