ML Boatworks- Scale & Sport Hydro, O/B Tunnel & Kneeler, and Mono laser cut kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really came down to this...I am running out of storage space and need these builds out of here! I will show as much as I can on the UR5 but its not mine, and I will not be decking the top. Only going to be finishing out the bottom sheeting then its on the way out!

I have a NX400 40" Nitro prototype tunnel that I plan on starting next week for someone else. That will get most all of the standing kits out of here besides a KL320 kneeler and the GSX380 prototype sport 40 hydroplane. Trying to get our spare bedroom back! haha

A little more progress on the design side of things for the 38" sport 40 GSX380 kit. Got the sponson basic design figured out. Here is where I am so far. This kit will be offered in a dedicated FE and Nitro format. This is the FE kit pictured. As you can see, the dowel rod setup is going to make this boat very strong, and make the sponson bonding to the center section very square. Mike

gsx380sponsons-page-001_zps41723f7b.jpg

gsx380sponsons1-page-001_zps7bdeb4e5.jpg

gsx380sponsons2-page-001_zps2c04310b.jpg

gsx380sponsons3-page-001_zpsce84eb16.jpg

gsx380sponsons4-page-001_zpsb3a121ab.jpg

Haha, thanks Paul.

The .45 and .67 Crapshooter outrigger stands now added to the website. Thanks, Mike

Mike,

If you keep the dowel a standard size I would use a carbon fiber hollow rod. Less weight with a little more strength.

Design looks great!!!

Regards,

Bert Dygert

They are 3/4" diameter. Is that a standard size for carbon rod? Thanks, Mike

OPPS, I was talking about the boat stand diameter in this post!!! I will have to look at the GSX380 and see what size the holes are for the rod...they should be a standard diameter! Sorry for the confusion. Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
I started one, and it became complex due to adjustment to fit various hulls and I had to put it down for now. I had a lot less interest in the other stands than I thought there would be so it slowed down the rush to continue designing. I will see what I can do soon. Mike

Hey Guys,

I am going to order up some GP sport hydro kits, and build them. I am doing (6) total hulls, one time deal, and then getting back to other pressing things. What I am looking for is a potential list. I am willing to build the GP265v2- ($280), GP310v2- ($330), GP335v2- ($350), and GP400v2- ($370) hulls, plus shipping, with either version of the cowlings (Prototype or GP) are offered. The cowlings are the new gel coated white cowlings as well. Hulls are fully epoxied inside and out. Buyer is responsible for sanding the exterior, adding any additional epoxy or paint/clear coat. Carbon fiber in the transom and battery/ motor area can be added for $15.00.

As most of you know, I stopped doing building myself a while back. These hulls will be build directly BY me. If anyone is interested, please post here. The first (6) are the ones I will go to first. Even if you are the 7th or beyond person, please post a request in case someone backs out and you can be on the standby list. My goal is to have these completed, and ready for shipping by August 15th at the latest.

As always when I do builds, pictures of the progress will be posted in this thread. Thanks, Mike

The list
1) flraptor07- gp400v2 kit with fe cowling (on OSE)
2) lars_01- gp400v2 kit with fe cowling, CF engine well (on OSE)
3) Darryl Whitman - gp400v2 kit with fe cowling
4) tlandauer- gp400v2 with fe cowling
5)
6)

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone that may have tried to email me through my website over the last month or so, and I did not reply, I apologize. I did not realize that I had to archive my zencart, and by not doing so, it was not sending me emails! Everything is normal now tho!

The first set of sponsons for the GSX380 38" sport 40 hydroplane arrived yesterday. The design looks good. The support rod I am using in this kit should really help keep the sponsons square while building. This is a technique I want to use on any new developments!

20140724_125430_zps27c5391a.jpg

20140724_125422_zpse6ba2869.jpg

20140724_125415_zps433dcd7e.jpg

20140724_125436_zps4bdf1b60.jpg

gsx380sponsons4-page-001_zpsb3a121ab.jpg

I am also finishing up the first NX400 40" nitro O/B Tunnel prototype. This is a variation of the SAW 40" tunnel I used to set the Q FE o/b tunnel record at 78.43mph. This hull should make it to the Fall Nats in either the mod .45 or .67 open class depending on what is available or pops up. There is also a 36.5" verison for stock .45 waiting to be built and tested as well. I wanted to see how this does first. Mike

This kit also has something new, spray rails, and build up stumble pads. I like the way these worked, and will probably incorporate these items in to new designs.

20140725_065314_zps505da457.jpg

20140725_064603_zpsb9476a5f.jpg

20140725_063943_zpsf441e711.jpg

Mike, will the Gsx380 have the same basic cowling as the 480? I really like that look!

Also, how far along is the 380? I would like to know what the price is and price to build one...might want to get on that build list. ; )

-Kent

Thanks Guys,

Kent, the 380 will utilize a cowling that is very similiar. I have to design that and make it from scratch, like I did the gas version. Both the Nitro, and FE versions are fully designed, and I have an FE kit at the house. I hope to start on it soon, and get some testing done. I will keep you in mind for getting one built. Heck, Might even sell the prototype I have at the house to you once its tested. This is a big deal for me, so I want to make sure it gets tested well. The GP and SX series both run excellent, so does the gas gx480, so I want to make sure the 380 lives up to that! Mike

Hey Mike...that may work! Yes, I would like a shot at buying the prototype...it will get tested...and raced...

I will be waiting for final build/test...

Keep us posted!!

-Kent

Back