ML Boatworks- Scale & Sport Hydro, O/B Tunnel & Kneeler, and Mono laser cut kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just wanted to be clear, ML Boatworks is perfectly fine. The o/b tunnels are the only portion I sold off to another who will continue to produce them. I am using my new time away from the garage making tunnel cowlings to spend more time with my family, and start designing a 4s and 6s rigger. Those designs have already begun. There are many other things on the horizon as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jerry. I got your order BTW, and sent it out for cutting.

Don F. told me riggers are nothing like other boats out there to design. He said it would be a challenge. Sounds like fun to me! Mike

How is the new GSX Sport 40 coming along? Looking forward to building one over winter. BTW Sport hydro skinned/ cowl fitted/ driveline in, need to install magnets on cowl/ fuel tank bottom on. Wont be long now,just need time which is hard to find.

Jerry, I have been trying to finish up the gp400 builds I had going on for customers, get some final tunnel cowlings laid up for a couple final projects I already had in the books, and maybe in a week or so I will begin building the gsx sport 40. Just not enough time in the day to do it all!

Well, I rode up to the D12 ODMBA race yesterday, and got to see 2 heats of Anthony/ Josh/ Alex Black's just finished GSX480 gas sport. I got a video of each heat. The weather was windy and rough...The GSX480 didn't seem to care that much. Josh drove this hull both heats (Alex's 480 kit will be started soon). They just got the boat in the water for the first time just this week. This was maybe the 4th and 5th time it has been in the water. As you can see in both video's, he laps the field, but in one video gets behind a lapped boat, and has to make a sudden shift, and when he does the motor shut down, and on the other video, the throttle servo had something go bad and would not allow him to power back to full throttle. Needless to say, everyone was really impressed. It was racing a good mix of hulls. Enjoy, Mike

It is the orange and white hull. Also, the bottom of the hull has not even been skuffed yet.

Hey Pete! Good pics! I guess Dick ' s 480 was there...

Wish I could have made it... : (

It was there but got in a miss hap with another boat,all is good boat is fast ,but didnt have some spare parts to fix.Will probley run it at Fort Riche.

Just quoting in case anyone missed the videos of the Gsx480. Mike

Well, I rode up to the D12 ODMBA race yesterday, and got to see 2 heats of Anthony/ Josh/ Alex Black's just finished GSX480 gas sport. I got a video of each heat. The weather was windy and rough...The GSX480 didn't seem to care that much. Josh drove this hull both heats (Alex's 480 kit will be started soon). They just got the boat in the water for the first time just this week. This was maybe the 4th and 5th time it has been in the water. As you can see in both video's, he laps the field, but in one video gets behind a lapped boat, and has to make a sudden shift, and when he does the motor shut down, and on the other video, the throttle servo had something go bad and would not allow him to power back to full throttle. Needless to say, everyone was really impressed. It was racing a good mix of hulls. Enjoy, Mike

It is the orange and white hull. Also, the bottom of the hull has not even been skuffed yet.

The Bud Humpback 1/10th scale kit is now available on the website. This is available in clockwise and counterclockwise format. Number 132 Newton / 8012 MHR. Mike

Alex and Josh testing their GSX480 gas sport hydros in Charleston!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to James Beasley, winner of the gas tunnel class at the Fall nationals with his GX480 tunnel! Heard he had some good driving and took 1st! Paul with PTI will be ready to release all the ML tunnels he took over from me soon. If anyone needs one now, let me know. I am trying to help Paul transition as much as possible.

Alex and Josh Black were walking the competition with the GSX 480 gas sport hydro, but due to some bad luck were not able to pull out a 1-2 victory. This hull is just flat out nasty and turned a lot of heads. Thanks to all of you for making these hulls look good out there!

In case anyone tries to go to my website, It will be down for a few days doing upgrades and maintenance. Please just shoot me an email at [email protected], or give me a call at (252) 717-6282. Thanks!

Hi Mike, I read on your first post that you offer 1/10th scale kits along with all your others...I was wondering what boats are they? Im thinking about building a fast electric sport or scale hydro, as ive never messed with a FE hydro before, and I cant seem to find much available.....can you give me a list of what you offer in 1/10th, or even 1/12th sized hydros you have Many thanks,Bill

Back