ML Boatworks Lauterbach laser cut kit done. See Post #31 for kit pics!!!! 5-2-13

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, its only taken at least a year and a half, and probably 70-80 hours of time to get this kit done, and I can finally say, the frame kit is done! This is a first look at the finished design. I will be ordering one of these from my laser guy today, so I can get it here and check fitment, however the 3d cad work already shows everything fits great. A lot of people have wait to see this done, and I am happy as anyone! The length of the hull is right around 43", the width is 18" and tunnel width is 9.5", so this actually does fit into the master hull roster 7505. However, this kit is based on the GP-444, so it has the wider transom with channel under the center where the strut mounts. I tried to have the best of both in this kit, however it was designed around the GP boats and it was designed to look correct, both bottom and top sides. Top all out speed was not my main goal, it was for those looking to have a really sweet looking boat where the bottom side was as correct as the top side. I hope in the near future to have a full skin kit for this hull, as well as a cowling. Right now, the kit does include the bottom pan, inside sponson edges, and outside nontrip edges. So, that means the center top deck, sponson top deck, and sponson ride surfaces are all that is needed to complete the boat. Also, this kit includes a full ladder frame hatch assembly. Enjoy the jpg image for now. I hope to share the full wood kit in pics in a week or so! Thanks, Mike

MLBoatworksLauterbach1.jpg

MLBoatworksLauterbach.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
5478_276611262473368_22937603_n-1.jpg5478_276611262473368_22937603_n-1.jpghere is a pic of an aussie owned boat heading back to the us for racing and to be sold

That is a sweet boat. For that hull to be that smooth with that Dupont "99" black, you know its built right!

I ordered the first kit yesterday. He may get it cut today with some other customers orders so I should have it maybe by the end of next week! Mike

Just got an email, the first Lauterbach kit has been cut, boxed, shipped, and dropped off at fedex! Should be here next week. Mike

Yeah, I am going to work on templates as I build the first kit so I can offer that option. Going to work on a cowling plug as well and offer it! Mike

Well, this is it! The moment I know I have waited for for over a year! Here are pics of the frame kit, ladder hatch, and floor pan. The pan got damaged in shipping, so a new one is being cut and shipped. This is just dry framed and taped together for pics. Once the new pan arrives more can be done. The fitment is spot on. Everything tabs right in. I am really happy with it, and the lines seem pretty correct! Not to bad for utilizing a bunch of pics! Enjoy, Mike

20130501_190809_zps4b056340.jpg

20130501_190919_zps8009b05d.jpg

20130501_190926_zps66d4f46e.jpg

20130501_190943_zpsc47c28bd.jpg

20130501_191000_zps2fd97d27.jpg

20130501_191018_zps6703471f.jpg

20130501_191036_zps2ca0d5ed.jpg

I deleted this response Sorry To all involved Including Blazers.

I like it better then the Blazer kit looks like the nose will lay down better.No goofy radiobox built in the framing.One piece cowling.The framing makes more sense I was getting out of building but may have to do one more!!Great work well worth the wait.By the way been fighting the Blazer kit I pissed him off by saying the customer reponse is horrible posted a thread on Jims needed some replacement pieces as the skins were spliced leaving a nasty looking ridge which cant be sanded out still no response after two months.Wont go there again!!
I need to call the doctor my tongue has started to bleed.

I appreciate the kind words from everyone, but I am staying out of any conflicts or issues anyone may have with another brand. Brian has been nice to me, and I think has put out a lot of great products over the years. His designs have won a lot more races than mine have at this point! I just want to see my stuff compete strong against designs like his and others!

Unfortunately, I got in the middle of that kind of stuff a while back, and lost friends from it in the long run. It was a disastrous way to get started in the hobby, and I regret it every day. I just want to enjoy the hobby, enjoy the designing, and enjoy happy customers at this point! Again, thank you for the kind words everyone. Once I get more time, I will get the build going. Thanks, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back