ML Boatworks Lauterbach laser cut kit done. See Post #31 for kit pics!!!! 5-2-13

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the kit...and man is it easy to build! I spent only around 10 hours this weekend to get to this point. Enjoy, Mike

20130525_123131_zps25fea6fd.jpg

20130525_123137_zpsde293b42.jpg

20130525_123151_zps9f5ca168.jpg

20130525_123212_zpsacae1234.jpg

Mike,

Great craftsmenship as always. Nice, clean and neat. That's your signature.

Bert Dygert

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike, your boat look great.

Do you have a GP cowling style for your 1/8 scale kit?

Thanks!

Mike, you on Facebook? Have you joined the Lauterbach boats page? Awesome looking kits you have !!!

Joe

Hi Mike, your boat look great.

Do you have a GP cowling style for your 1/8 scale kit?

Thanks!
Thanks! The cowling you see in the pictures I will be modifying and making the GP style out of it.

Mike, you on Facebook? Have you joined the Lauterbach boats page? Awesome looking kits you have !!!

Joe
Didn't know that existed! I guess I should join. Maybe some of the owners of the full size would want one, haha.

Sweet, I will check it out...Maybe I can find the U5 Gemini, which I have decided may be how I paint this hull. I need it to fit the Scale class rules, so doing the GP-444 will not work..who knows yet what I will do! Mike

Oh, I know what I wanted to add to this build. My guess right now, is in FE form, 8s lipo, 1527 1y motor, the finished boat will not weight more than 12 lbs rtr. Right now, with the motor in there like you see, I am only around 5 lbs! This is a 42.75" hull, and technically will fit the master hull roster for the U5 Lauterbach.

Hey Mike,

As Lauterbach Special she appeared at President's Cup Washington, DC June 1st, Indiana Govenor's Cup Madison, IN July 6th, Hydroglobe Dayton July 13th, APBA Gold Cup Tri-Cities July 27th, and Seafair Trophy Seattle August 3rd.

You may have issues getting pics of the Gemini. In 1976 she made one appearance at the May 23 Spark Plug Regatta in Miami. In 1977 she appeared at May 22 Spark Plug Regatta. Who's Who shows an appearance as Gordon's Seafood at Gar Wood Memorial, Detroit on June 26th, and again at Hydroglobe, Dayton, OH - placed 8th.

Newton Paint plan shows no paint codes, simply Dark Red, and medium red, mahogany. I happened to be there the day she was painted, and recall - a dark metallic red, lots of gold leaf, and ghost flames on the forward cowl and on top of the sponsons, forward of U-5.

Here's what I have. CHEERS !!! Bob

Wow Bob! Most of those pics I have never seen! Thanks so much for pointing out the flames...I see them in the pic! Very very helpful info! Mike

what a beautiful boat .How do you keep from getting epoxy on the sheeting when gluing ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back