MAC Motors are the bomb

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picco built a good motor ,,ran them for years and won many races with them. even placed 4th in .60 hydro

oval trials at the 1988 IMPBA internats with what was pretty much a stock motor.

I have won hundreds of heat races by holding back and waiting till all of the "PRO'S "

are either dead in the water or upside down and then finish my 6 laps with my basicly stock motors.
"pretty much a stock motor" "basically stock motors"....... it's either stock or it's not. <_<

"I have won hundreds of heat races by holding back and " ...... hundreds??? <_<

Winning through attrition .... boy now doesn't that sound like fun. :rolleyes:

Yup,,hundreds,,,let's do some math,,,40 trophies hang on my wall times 5 heats per trophy and that's just for the races I have placed in,,,been runnin' boats for about 20 years,,run 5-6 boats per event,,,I've won my fair share and believe me not all due to attrition,,,just smart racing.
40 trophies in 20 years? That's only 2 per year! My 11 year old daughter won more than that. I'd be disapointed with less than 2 per race with 3 boats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasted wages, If you are having fun racing model boats under your system, don't change anything. You appear to have a suitable system that meets your needs, and it appears to be working for you. Who are you?

JOSE ORTIZ IMPBA 11755

"And kudo's to the guy's that spend megabucks to go 100+ MPH,,,It's just not my cup of tea,"

It doesn't take "megabucks" to go 100, more like meticulous set up & attention to detail. I went 108 with a stock Eagle SGX and a stone stock MAC84. That's out of the box & into the boat, period. Changing a rod so it'll live longer ain't stock. Stock is just what it means, unchanged. Like I said, Picco's were real good motors but you had to make changes to make them last. CMB's are good too, after a nights worth of dremel work to correct the mismatched ports. Yup, to finish first you must first finish. Something my now race partner John Finch said to me a long time ago. And I've got my share of trophies to hang up (except they're still in 4 or 5 big boxes 2 years after I've moved) along with a couple records, numerous district championships & a national title too. And as far as your comment about how you love to race with the big dogs cause they're always upside down? Well sounds like you just ain't run with the right big dogs yet. And I still don't get this secrecy to who you are, a name adds credibility to not only what you might say but to what you claim. For all we know you could have just made it all up & never put a boat in the water, no way to prove or disprove anything. Besides, if you tell us who you are perhaps some of us can come race in your territory & let you feel the bite of a few big dogs who know how to stay upright. ;)

And BTW- there's a big difference between saying heats & heat races. You gotta do well in all your heats to win the heat race. So you've done ok over 20 years in your eyes & if that makes you happy more power to ya. But like Joe said if I only trophied twice a year I would have to seriously re-evaluate my racing strategies. B)

Don i bet someone could look up who was 4th in the oval trials at the 1998 internats to figure out who he is.

Piccos were great...we won the 1997 US-1 E-Hydro with a perfectly stock 67 EXR....ran really strong..heat raced in the mid 70's and ran in the low 80's for the SAW. Still have that motor in the 60 boat....once we get back to racing in a few years we will probably still run it as a backup motor....

The MACs however, are AWESOME from what I remember. We had a set of MAC 84's, again perfectly stock, in our T-90 sized Eagle SG and it ran 95.5 in open water and 93 at the SAW event. Very strong consistent motors....

The K-90 motors were amazing when they ran...but we never could get consistency from them....some heats they ran strong...others they didn't......

Steve
Steve Great to see a post from you ..I would love to you guys at London again. .. Tony J

Piccos were great...we won the 1997 US-1 E-Hydro with a perfectly stock 67 EXR....ran really strong..heat raced in the mid 70's and ran in the low 80's for the SAW. Still have that motor in the 60 boat....once we get back to racing in a few years we will probably still run it as a backup motor....

The MACs however, are AWESOME from what I remember. We had a set of MAC 84's, again perfectly stock, in our T-90 sized Eagle SG and it ran 95.5 in open water and 93 at the SAW event. Very strong consistent motors....

The K-90 motors were amazing when they ran...but we never could get consistency from them....some heats they ran strong...others they didn't......

Steve

Steve,

Are you sure you won US-1 with that stock 67.???? :huh: The reason I ask is because I know a guy from your neck of the woods who tells people that SG's are no good and I happen to know that you were running one of those boat at the 1997 Internats.

There is no doubt that some engines run great in stock form. Those MAC 84's in your twin were easily making passes in the low to mid 90's at the 2000 IMPBA Internats. :) I believe that was your heat race set-up.

Hey Andy,

Yup....the 97 67 EXR was stock...well let me clarify :rolleyes: It had a brand new stock piston and sleeve with the stock timings.....drum may and the case may have been "cleaned up" a bit :D

The hull was the early version of the SG, not sure if we were running the center rear sponson yet back then...it was an awesome setup.... very stable running boat....

The MAC 84's in the twin - now they were perfectily stock...they have never seen a dremel :lol: ...we prety much broke them in and went to the Nats...and yes good memory the twin was in heat racing form...we were still working the bugs out of it...it had the carbon tub.....

Man I miss this stuff.....my wife is 33 weeks pregnant with our second...we think its a boy :D so it won't be long now...another 3. or 4 years...eeeehhhh - that's way too long :( I should get them use to the smell of nitro now so when they are big enough to hold a transmitter I'll be all set.......

Sorry to get off topic guys......MAC ENGINES RULE!!!!!

Steve

Picco built a good motor ,,ran them for years and won many races with them. even placed 4th in .60 hydro

oval trials at the 1988 IMPBA internats with what was pretty much a stock motor.

I have won hundreds of heat races by holding back and waiting till all of the "PRO'S "

are either dead in the water or upside down and then finish my 6 laps with my basicly stock motors.
"pretty much a stock motor" "basically stock motors"....... it's either stock or it's not. <_<

"I have won hundreds of heat races by holding back and " ...... hundreds??? <_<

Winning through attrition .... boy now doesn't that sound like fun. :rolleyes:

Yup,,hundreds,,,let's do some math,,,40 trophies hang on my wall times 5 heats per trophy and that's just for the races I have placed in,,,been runnin' boats for about 20 years,,run 5-6 boats per event,,,I've won my fair share and believe me not all due to attrition,,,just smart racing.
40 trophies in 20 years? That's only 2 per year! My 11 year old daughter won more than that. I'd be disapointed with less than 2 per race with 3 boats.

I never said I have raced every year for 20 years,,,these are just trophy's I have won when I raced,,

and these are only the ones I have kept or bothered to hang up,,,

Don i bet someone could look up who was 4th in the oval trials at the 1998 internats to figure out who he is.

NOW YOUR THINKIN"!!!!!!!!!!

I don't get the obsession of some people to know who I am,,,In the model boat world,,I'm really a nobody,,,

So how would knowing who I am bring any credibility to my posts ? Either you believe what I type or you don't. I bet 95 % of people on this site don't know who I am,,so why the obsession ???

I just care to remain nameless for now,,

Hell, I only know a handfull of people on this site and what they type on a screen gives no credibility to me about who they are,,,just because I happen to know who they are...

Reading anyones post on this site is merely their opinion or understanding of facts,,nothing more. You guy's judge me just by what I type out here,,not because of who I may or may not be,,I am just a voice on the boards.

HERE's anthoer clue,,,,,I was also the high points champion for 60 mono for the Racing Association of Miami

(RAM) in '89 BTW,,,done with a .67 Picco,,,,

Boy, it's a good thing the rest of us guys don't "imbellish" on the truth a little from time to time. Lets face it, if we didn't have radar guns we'd be all going over 100mph. Of course, I don't have a gun. I broke 150 the other day with by b stock tunnel. Then my da%$# wife kicked me and I had to get up and go to work!!

"And kudo's to the guy's that spend megabucks to go 100+ MPH,,,It's just not my cup of tea,"

It doesn't take "megabucks" to go 100, more like meticulous set up & attention to detail. I went 108 with a stock Eagle SGX and a stone stock MAC84. That's out of the box & into the boat, period. Changing a rod so it'll live longer ain't stock. Stock is just what it means, unchanged. Like I said, Picco's were real good motors but you had to make changes to make them last. CMB's are good too, after a nights worth of dremel work to correct the mismatched ports. Yup, to finish first you must first finish. Something my now race partner John Finch said to me a long time ago. And I've got my share of trophies to hang up (except they're still in 4 or 5 big boxes 2 years after I've moved) along with a couple records, numerous district championships & a national title too. And as far as your comment about how you love to race with the big dogs cause they're always upside down? Well sounds like you just ain't run with the right big dogs yet. And I still don't get this secrecy to who you are, a name adds credibility to not only what you might say but to what you claim. For all we know you could have just made it all up & never put a boat in the water, no way to prove or disprove anything. Besides, if you tell us who you are perhaps some of us can come race in your territory & let you feel the bite of a few big dogs who know how to stay upright. ;)

And BTW- there's a big difference between saying heats & heat races. You gotta do well in all your heats to win the heat race. So you've done ok over 20 years in your eyes & if that makes you happy more power to ya. But like Joe said if I only trophied twice a year I would have to seriously re-evaluate my racing strategies. B)
Well sounds like you just ain't run with the right big dogs yet.
Oh I'm sorry,,,I thought Finch,Andy,Art,Lafluer were some of the the big dogs,,Guess I haven't run with the "BIG" dogs yet HUH ????

Last time I witnessed a conversation like this a fight broke out during Milk Break and somebody had to go sit in the corner for 30 minutes.

Oh I'm sorry,,,I thought Finch,Andy,Art,Lafluer were some of the the big dogs,,Guess I haven't run with the "BIG" dogs yet HUH ????
Whatever. You were the one who said they were usually upside down-

"That's why I love racing with the BIG DOG'S,,,they are usually the first ones upside down or dead in the water before mill time expires,,( then they sweat the rest of the race as thier boat has now become a "turn bouy")"

So if you make such a broad statement about the big dogs saying "usually" what do you expect? :rolleyes:

And as for the name thing, like I said you could just be spewing out of BS & making things up, who knows. Not inferring you are but we've had our share of those kinds on here so it's kinda nice to know who we're chatting with. But more importantly most of us on here view each other as boating buddies & I have had the opportunity to meet some of the I/W members at races because I could put a face with a name & others have had the chance to do the same with me. That part is what is cool & I'm sure this year will be no different. I don't expect I'll see someone walking around a race with "wasted wages" embroidered across the back of a jacket but then again who knows. :)

As Don says it is a treat to meet those that we have become friends with through this board. I personally have made many new friends first by sharing info and or bench racing on this board and having the pleasure of meeting them in person at a race somewhere around the country.

Dont hide as we are all friends here!

Ron

Last edited:
Whatever. You were the one who said they were usually upside down-

"That's why I love racing with the BIG DOG'S,,,they are usually the first ones upside down or dead in the water before mill time expires,,( then they sweat the rest of the race as thier boat has now become a "turn bouy")"

So if you make such a broad statement about the big dogs saying "usually" what do you expect? :rolleyes:

And as for the name thing, like I said you could just be spewing out of BS & making things up, who knows. Not inferring you are but we've had our share of those kinds on here so it's kinda nice to know who we're chatting with. But more importantly most of us on here view each other as boating buddies & I have had the opportunity to meet some of the I/W members at races because I could put a face with a name & others have had the chance to do the same with me. That part is what is cool & I'm sure this year will be no different. I don't expect I'll see someone walking around a race with "wasted wages" embroidered across the back of a jacket but then again who knows. :)
I don't expect I'll see someone walking around a race with "wasted wages" embroidered across the back of a jacket but then again who knows. :)

No,,,But it is on the sides of my white boats in great big green letters w/ $ for the "S" 's

Look for it as I pass by,,, :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't expect I'll see someone walking around a race with "wasted wages" embroidered across the back of a jacket but then again who knows. :)

No,,,But it is on the sides of my white boats in great big green letters w/ $ for the "S" 's

Well that should be easy to read as you "pass by" walking back from the pits after gettin' bit by a couple big dogs. :lol: :lol:

Well maybe one day our paths will cross & I'll get to meet you in person & learn your name. ;)

Well that should be easy to read as you "pass by" walking back from the pits after gettin' bit by a couple big dogs. :lol: :lol:

Well maybe one day our paths will cross & I'll get to meet you in person & learn your name. ;)
Yup,,passin by the retrive boat while your colectin' your "deadwood"

We could go on for day's,,,,,

Maybe we will meet some day and settle this on the pond,,

That would be nice,,,BTW how do you like my new signature line -You were my insiparation for it,,

Hey"Speedy", see what you started- now got to your room and dont come out till I tell you to!! :D See you at Brandon.

Back