MAC Motors are the bomb

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

RaceCraftBearings

Having grown somewhat tierd of the Mac troubleshooting thread I thought I would start this to see if it might generate as much interest. Besides I need to get my posts up I am tired of being a Club Racer. Dont worry Don there is no way I can catch you in the post department :lol:

I think Mac Motors are the best! I have spent much more time having fun running them in a very competitive district than I have troubleshooting them. As a matter of fact I have only had to trouble shoot one and thats the one in my Scale but she is all better now that I know what she likes :p

For example: My Mac 67 Seaducer has been ran in Open Mono against CMB 90's and 1.0's and won many times. My Mac 45 in a PT Sport 40 has won me District Championships as well as my Mac 21 Seaducer which also tied for First at the Internats and if not for a brain fart on my part could have won the runoff and maybe gone onto US-1, My Mac 67 PT 82U55 Scale ran 3rd at the Internats and again a brain fart on my part kept me from 1st. Side note for the 06 Internats: Look out guys cause she runs much better this year!

My Mac 84 in F Mono has treated me to many wins in F Mono. In short they have done right by me and I have two of the original Macs still running strong. One word well maybe two: Bullet Proof!

Mac Motors are alot like women, you have to know what they like and give it to them and in turn they will treat you right :D Kinda like my wife whom is also the best, to bad she wont be reading this cause that could score me some major points in the best points series anywhere :D

I think Macs are the best !

What do you all think?

Ron

Last edited:
I think that PICCO could take over the marine market once again if they'd go back into production. Right now the Nitro Engine market is bleak. I know Andy is working hard to get motors built here stateside, and I hope he can. It's boat building season and not a lot to choose from.

The West coast racing gets starting in a couple weeks, if you don't already have MAC engines you are SOL or running old picco stock or new CMB motors..

Having grown somewhat tierd of the Mac troubleshooting thread I thought I would start this to see if it might generate as much interest. Besides I need to get my posts up I am tired of being a Club Racer. Dont worry Don there is no way I can catch you in the post department :lol:

I think Mac Motors are the best! I have spent much more time having fun running them in a very competitive district than I have troubleshooting them. As a matter of fact I have only had to trouble shoot one and thats the one in my Scale but she is all better now that I know what she likes :p

For example: My Mac 67 Seaducer has been ran in Open Mono against CMB 90's and 1.0's and won many times. My Mac 45 in a PT Sport 40 has won me District Championships as well as my Mac 21 Seaducer which also tied for First at the Internats and if not for a brain fart on my part could have won the runoff and maybe gone onto US-1, My Mac 67 PT 82U55 Scale ran 3rd at the Internats and again a brain fart on my part kept me from 1st. Side note for the 06 Internats: Look out guys cause she runs much better this year!

My Mav 84 in F Mono has treated me to many wins in F Mono. In short they have done right by me and I have two of the original Macs still running strong.

Mac Motors are alot like women, you have to know what they like and give it to them and in turn they will treat you right :D Kinda like my wife whom is also the best, to bad she wont be reading this cause that could score me some major points in the best points series anywhere :D

What do you all think?

Ron

Back when I decided to take a shot at the 100 mph club, 2 different motors were tried over & over until the boat was just barely cracking 100. Then Andy convinced me to try out a MAC. So the motor got broken in & off to record trials we went. Instead of the expected crisp fall air & normal cool temps we were greeted by 85 degrees & low air density. Didn't matter, went 108 mph with a stone stock MAC 84. No special launch either, dropped it in the water & cruised off the beach, real smooth. Needless to say it made me a believer, haven't looked back since. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that PICCO could take over the marine market once again if they'd go back into production. Right now the Nitro Engine market is bleak. I know Andy is working hard to get motors built here stateside, and I hope he can. It's boat building season and not a lot to choose from.

The West coast racing gets starting in a couple weeks, if you don't already have MAC engines you are SOL or running old picco stock or new CMB motors..

My Mav 84 in F Mono has treated me to many wins in F Mono. In short they have done right by me and I have two of the original Macs still running strong.

What do you all think?

Ron
Well Ron the GUNS ARE LOADED, We have plenty of scale boaters in the district and have many that come to our races all the time. All loaded with MAc and CMB power this years SCALE event will be as good as it gets Brian has the ALIGATOR back together,Phil Thomas has a Rocket,I have 2 new scales H_G will be a force to recon with I can imagine a 30 plus boat field for scale. CAn you tell im pumped up bring on the scale boats.....Mikey

For the above, I think Ron is entitled to "5 Brownie" points, one for each boat. MAC engines are great motors that acomplished many goals for many people. The big problem is that they are unavailable just like Piccos. In my opinion whom ever comes back first or releases first, Picco, AA, or MAC stands for making some good money. The market is ripe for new engines.

I like CMB's,,,They don't drink as much fuel,,,, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry,,I just had to do that,,,

I really liked the toughness and reliability that CMB and Mac brought to the party when they were first introduced,having run OPS for years I was really tired of rotor disk/crank pin failures.

Just not having to rebearing and replace chipped rotor disks all the time made these motors very popular,

It took a while to "Find" the power in them ,,but it was well worth the wait.

My Mac 84 in F Mono has treated me to many wins in F Mono. In short they have done right by me and I have two of the original Macs still running strong. One word well maybe two: Bullet Proof!

What do you all think?

Ron
Hay Ron, I know why your so fast! It's those secret bearings you got, like the ones you sold me right? I am pumped about next spring. Thanks Ron.

ps those bearings are setting a little crooked in the case. I had to use a hammer. Thats ok isn't it?? you said they were bullet proof!!

Thinking to myself.............{ Hey look here I got several to reply to, should I reply to each seperatly to catch Don or cut him some slack????? Naa there is no way I can type as much as the WORLD Champ of typing!! :lol: and a **** fine Model Boater I might add. }

Good post Jay however I ate, drank, slept, and bled Picco's before I changed to Mac and there is not one of them that has done as well as my Macs. I still have some Picco's but they are on the 2 string of back up motors 1st string is of course Mac. Yeah I won Districts with Picco's an so on but they just weren't as fast as my Mac's. If a 67 Mac can run with CMB 90's and 1.0's its got to be strong.

Mikey I cant wait either, and I "Aint Skeered" :p . It's going to be a blast!

The real boat race will be equally as exciting!

PS ask HG about our Sport 40 race in the hotel pool at the 1998 Internats :lol:

P1 (my good friend JO I believe) Thats the breaks if you dont have a Mac already the only way to get one is to pry it from my cold dead fingers. Naa if you want to borrow some speed just say so my friend. I doubt you need it though cause your stuff is always fast. Hey how is the little guy lately?

LOL WW still would like to know who ya are though!

CMB's are great motors without a doubt, but lately it seems they are due to a good frind of mine HMMM who would that be???

Wes, Throw that hammer away Please! LOL What a prankster! Good luck and I hope to see you in EVille for that Scale showdown!

Keep em coming guys we got along way to go to out do that Troubleshooting thread!

Ron

Last edited:
I'm Very Very Fond of my MACs. I just returned to Racing R/C Boats last year after a 20 year break. It was a Very Nice Surprise to find the improvement in the engines over the K&B 7.5s and OS Max 65s that we were running then. No more lapping pistons? Broken Rods?? Split Crankcases???

I'm thrilled to say the least! :)

"Mac Motors are the Bomb" you should consider revising your phraseology

Zoom Zoom Boom? :lol:

I've owned Mac and I've had most other brands....

I think that if Novarossi ever decided to make a front exhaust 45 or a 67 motor we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Macs do hold up pretty well though under race conditions....fortunately for the economy of Live-Oak, the boat motor market is so small there is only really room for one or possibly 2 manufacturers.

Zoom Zoom

"Mac Motors are the Bomb" you should consider revising your phraseology

Zoom Zoom Boom? :lol:

I've owned Mac and I've had most other brands....

I think that if Novarossi ever decided to make a front exhaust 45 or a 67 motor we wouldnt be having this conversation.

Macs do hold up pretty well though under race conditions....fortunately for the economy of Live-Oak, the boat motor market is so small there is only really room for one or possibly 2 manufacturers.

Zoom Zoom

Anthony The Bomb is slang for the best here in the states. K&B stands for Ka-BOOM, ZOOM ZOOM stands for Mazda or at least they think so, I would like to take my 454 up against ZOOM ZOOM anyday! :blink:

Nova Rossi only knows 20's so I dont see that happening.

Live Oak is a busseling Hi Tech city :huh:

Thanks for the post!

Ron

Last edited:
I'm from about 3000 miles ENE of the bustling metropolis of Live Oak......far far away from the "high Tech" area in Live-Oak where the men sell toy engines and the all the under age girls pose for pictures holding some old farts toy boat :lol:

well I thought it was funny....please dont try to kick me off guys!

all in fun

Welcome to the board Mr. Pendeho. I take it that you are from the EU RC Block.

Send me all of your PICCO EXR`s. PICCO would without a doubt sell a ton of engines upon their return. Nothing better than a Fast PICCO..... 100 percent of my awards have been Won with PICCO Power..... Picco has Not Gone away, like some of the others. They just choose to mfg car/trk parts for Now.... AS for the CMB`s.... Jerry Crowther Gets more out a C M B than any other Human on Planet earth........ Maybe Jerry should have been the New Dealer/ Dist??????? :lol:

No Doubt Piccos are some strong motors.....I'm one of those folks that would run Picco if it were made currently.

Didnt someone recently snap some pictures of new Piccos to be released? Now that's good news!....an no hype or mystery to push it

I'm from about 3000 miles ENE of the bustling metropolis of Live Oak......far far away from the "high Tech" area in Live-Oak where the men sell toy engines and the all the under age girls pose for pictures holding some old farts toy boat :lol:

all in fun
I thought it was funny too. :D Welcome to I/W, where up north EU are ya from exactly? B)

While I dont want to see this tread turned into something other than I intended I will partake in some off topic cander.

Anthony Pendaho, to bad for you livin where the girls dont pose with your toy boat. We just like having good clean fun in life because thats what the powers that be put us here for when it all boils down to it. Well Nitro can be a bit messy but hey if it was all good clean fun that would be boring wouldnt it?

Something wrong with grown men selling toy boats? You play with them so I dont see why you have an issue with that and while Live Oak may be a sleepy little town at least there is something brewing there that all model boaters will be impacted by. So whats up in your sleepy little town??

Have Fun and dont sweat the small stuff!

After your rebutal, back on topic please :)

Have a Great Day!

Ron

Last edited:
Back