Let's get Dorkhedeos a boat!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dork,

Most people put a light-weight ball like a tennis ball on the end of their line and either throw or cast it over the boat. That way if they miss, they can guide the ball to the boat and hook it on the engine or something else that is protruding from the top and pull it on in. Don't worry if you don't get it the first time, most folks never do. :rolleyes:

Snowdog

Bryan's right, the tennis ball will float, the lure will sink that's not helpful. You can also use a Pinky ball, that's what I use because they are a little heavier. GG Park is not yet filled, there's talk they may cement the bottom. Now, who knows when they'll fill it back up?

hrmm, ive seen people with tennis balls, but they said if they hit the boat, its going to make a hole in it, is this true?

you just cast the ball out farther than the boat and reel in till the ball gets to your boat. good luck with your first run of your new boats, my hat is off to all the guys that chipped in and got this thing going! you must be bursting with excitement, i remember my first trip to the lake, pure excitement!!! the guys did a wonderful thing with much generosity and again i wish you luck and hope you enjoy this great hobby as much as we do!! thats what it is all about!! MARK

i just got my battery today. i dont think i want to bring it to school though, its going to add a lot of weight to my backpack so im probably going to use my dads charger if it doesnt hurt it. will charging on 2 amps on a car battery charger for the first time effect the battery life?

DO NOT USE A 2 AMP CAR BATTERY CHARGER. YOU WILL COOK IT. Gell cells do not like a high amp charge. Usually you charge at 1/10 the capacity. So if you have a 7ah battery you will charge at 700 ma. Those chargers that they sell for the batteries charge at 600 ma.

Mike

when I attach my Batterybrain to my gel-cels, the peak charge rate is around .8 amps....hope this helps

you may want to purchase two and charge them in parallel with a 2 amp charger.

this would keep you from cooking them

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, but where can i get one of those chargers for around 5 dollars? i think i need a futaba battery charger too

Dorkhedeos said:
umm no, but what does a boat have to do with a tennis racket?
COME ON BEAVIS, think! It's a tennis ball, not a cannon ball!

Anyhow, bring that Gel Cell over the next time you come over, I'll charge it for you. It'll hold for awhile

Me and my son are doing his 4th grade science project. It's called "Lemon power" where you try to get the lemon to conduct electricity. Hey Dorkhedos, if it works I'll make you a gel-cell charger from lemons.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL IF you get it working right it may just charge the battery.

the tennis ball WILL NOT Put a hole in your boat, its easier to snag a OB tunnel boat then a mono, Might want to put a screw up on the nose to snag it on.

You dont throw the ball AT the boat.

toss it over and move and angle it to where the string snags it and the ball is the weight and slowly reel in.

wow, sounds cool, if it acually works, i can take the lemons off the ground next to my neighbors lemon tree, or just take some lemons off mine :D is it ok if i come over tomorrow at around 3:30pm?

seems like it's that time of year... lots of people coming into work to buy wire and magnets to make generators, and lemon batteries

Back