Kalamazoo Fun Run '07

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wondering if Dale was still messing with R/C boats as he kind of disappeared after the first two, even online.

I'm bustin' butt trying to get all of the boats ready to go and everything packed. Some haven't seen water since last year.

I'm bustin' butt trying to get all of the boats ready to go and everything packed. Some haven't seen water since last year.
Ron, I can understand that, Missy's wild thing never even made it to the water last year. the bearing let loose while Steve had it in his hands ready to launch. I'm glad i wan't at full RPM when it happened, I think i would be replacing the engine instead of just the bearing if i had.

the Dragon-n-fly didn't see water last year either.

See you in 1 1/2 weeks!

Well, I am a happy man tonight!! I fired up the Wild Thing after putting it back together. :D

I can't wait until next weekend!!! B)

We will be starting at 9:00 AM. I'll be there by eight to unload and set up the buoys so if anyone wants to show up early, they can.

Eric and I stopped by the lake yesterday (Friday) to check out the weed problem. It looks good so far.

Anyone showing up might want to come prepared for rain as right now they're predicting a 40% chance of it.

Don't forget that this is Michigan and the weather is subject to change faster than a womans mind!

I just checked www.weather.com for zip code 49001 and they're saying no rain.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there Ron and Wade!

Do you remember me?????

I just finished building my log cabin. It took more than a year and a half.

It sure was worth the effort though. It has been quite a hiatus from the RC boat world for me.

I'm glad to see that you guys have been going non-stop. Are you still keeping the spirit of the

Hammerhead .12 alive? If I asked politely, would you get me a kit. It would really be nice to

build one again. Of course, the next one will have smaller sponsons :p . If the project is dead

in the water, I guess I'll just have to get off my butt and create something else interesting.

Anyway, have fun at the fun run. Wish I could be there.

Marty

Marty, I boxed up just about everything that I have today to give to Wade on Saturday. There may be enough parts to put one more together out of what I'm giving him as there are some mis-cut or the wrong thickness wood in there. I've got a lot of carbon fiber rod and sheet that we can toss in. I've got extra decals plus I'll see what else I can dig up for it.

The weather just might work out for the FUN RUN.

The forcast this AM shows a 30% chance of isolated thunder showers and 72*.

So,hopefully the only thing s getting wet are the boats. ;)

That means I just might have to stay clear of my damned Kayak chase boat.

I tipped that sucker Sunday. Son of a B it was cold in that Michigan pond. :blink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No towel,no spare cloths and cotton sweat pants on.That really sucked! :eek:

Live and learn.

I'm just thankfull no one was around with a camera :lol: :lol: :lol:

See ya all in K-zoo.

Hopefully the weather holds out for the fun run.

Ron,

If you want me to do a dvd let me know. Just send pics and video to me.

BTW, I want to put in my absentee raffle ticket for the boat. :lol: :lol:

Have fun and can't wait to see the pics.

It's hard to predict the weather for Saturday when Channel 8, 3, and The Weather Channel all disagree on what it's going to be.

I'll try to either e-mail them to you, post them online where you can download them or try to put them on a disc.

I kind of promised Steve that I'd put them on R/C Flix seeing how he was kind enough to donate the boat for the raffle. I couldn't get the LHS's to donate as much as a glow plug.

Walt is throwing in a gallon of fuel to the winner. You got lucky as Mark always seems to get a shot of me whenever my backside gets wet!

[update] I found a message on my answering machine. Apparently the Kalamazoo Gazette found out about us somewhere online and may want to do a story! If that happens, it should show up online at www.mlive.com .

If the weather might be in question, I suggest that Don T. stay home :lol: :lol: :lol: Last time he came up, he brought one wicked storm :p

All kidding aside, can't wait for Saturday!

Well I have my car packed and ready to go!! I can't wait!

See you tomorrow! :D

Hey there Ron and Wade!Do you remember me?????

I just finished building my log cabin. It took more than a year and a half.

It sure was worth the effort though. It has been quite a hiatus from the RC boat world for me.

I'm glad to see that you guys have been going non-stop. Are you still keeping the spirit of the

Hammerhead .12 alive? If I asked politely, would you get me a kit. It would really be nice to

build one again. Of course, the next one will have smaller sponsons . If the project is dead

in the water, I guess I'll just have to get off my butt and create something else interesting.

Anyway, have fun at the fun run. Wish I could be there.

Marty
Hammer!! How have you been!! other than building your house. I'll see what tomorrow brings my way as far as a HH12. It is good to hear from you again!

Got back from the fun run about 9pm last night..... We had a good time, met some very nice people and got to hang with some friends while playing with our boats....

The weather started off a bit cool, but the sun came out and warmed up very nicely..... a bit of wind came up and made the "course" interesting, but we still had a great time.

We did get to run our WoodStuff WOF Gas Tunnels a few times.... Looks like I still have some speed to find if I am to keep up with Walts gasser though.

Thanks for putting this together, the work it takes to do it was worth the trip for us.

Bill

His and Hers Hobbies

#1 Hello Hammer, we sure have missed you!

#2 Some one please post and let us know how the Fun Run went. I'm sick about missing it but had no choice!

Don ;) :(

Hey Ron,

I'd like to thank you for all of your efforts for another Fun Run.

I had a great time and got to meet a few new friends,saw some old and put a few faces with names.

The weather really ended up nice except for the challenging occasional wind gusts.Sure kept it interesting.

And gave my Kayak a good workout.

Also congrats to Chuck and his family for winning the RTR that was donated for the drawing.Ron had an Aeromarine Mean Machine 18 that was donated by Offshore Electrics. I'd like to thank them also.

Bill,Mike, and Chuck,It was a pleasure to meet you guys and thanks for comming out.Glad you guys made it home safely too.

It was also great to see a couple of gas outboards running out there at the same time.Awesome boats!

Ron,

THANKS AGAIN!

Now I had better go unload a few boats out of the trailor.

I will say I met some of the best guys around this weekend, At Ron's fun run OB Nut, Wavewaker,wswatzell and Ron Olson just to mention a few (I wish I could remember everyones names) . I had a blast it was a Great time, I wish I could have stayed longer but with the wife play time for me only last so long..................... :) Thanks Ron for a Great Day !!!! Next year we will have to have a A class race hopefully Don Templeton will make and we can have 3 boats, by then I should have an A that actually can run a few laps..............lol !!

Thanks

Paul

Back