Kalamazoo Fun Run '07

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wswatzell

Just trying to fight off the disillusionment with Mother Nature dumping 6" of snow on us in mid April! :angry:

About 4 weeks left! :D Until the Fun Run

Just to Verify, it is May 19th at the same pond?

With this late cold spell, the weeds should be at a minimum this year!

Do we have a tally of who is going this year?

I really look forward to seeing everyone again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning on being there, I am looking forward to hopefully seeing some really nice fast .12's (am really curious how mine compares). Will also have my TC31 which is a RTR boat but it is fun :) What is the name of the pond and what town is it in?

Paul

p.s. I do have a club race the next day so I wont be staying late :(

I'll be heading up to Plainwell next week to get the permit from the DNR.

I've been wanting to get the boats out but last weekend was awful down here also. I only had about 4" of wet, heavy snow yesterday.

I went by the park last week but it was still closed up yet but wanted to see if the early warm spell had made the weeds start growing early this year.

This weekend is out as I'm heading to Toledo Saturday but the following weekend the weather is supposed to be nice. I really want to get the Hammerhead .12 on the water to see how the Texan .12 pipe works.

I've also redone a Mac 2.5 pipe as an experiment to see if I can get it quieter. I tried the trick that racers are using for the OPS 3280's.

BTW Wade, I e-mailed a copy of the Fun Run flier to the Rider's up in GR hoping that they would print one out and post it somewhere in the store.

Ron, email it to me as well, and I'll stop in there and ask them personally. I work right around the corner from there now.

I am hopeing to have the HH12 running again, I'm having a fuel cell issue I think something is in it that stops the flow after about 2 laps.

I am also hopeing the Wild thing runnign again. I need a new bearing for the Nova Rossi that is in it. I need to order them here pretty quick.

BTW, How do I get ahlod of Ron Byrd? and is he still selling bearings?

ok, so far it is marked on my calendar,,boat to bring 3.5 OS dumas tunnel, .18 OS nitro hammer, boogey board .46 airboat, inboard .32 TS2, 3.5 k&b outboard sw36, .46 tc31,,,this is really fun. :lol:

forgot to include 1/8 monter truck to race with FE Chris's truck..

Wade, if you still have that Nova Rossi block that I gave you, the bearings should be good in that but I'm not sure if they will fit in yours.

Send me a PM to make sure that I have your correct e-mail address and I'll forward a copy to you. It's different (and better) from the ones that I've handed out down here. The other I made up on a computer at work. They "donated" the paper also. :rolleyes:

Ron,

I do have that block, and I already tride that, but in my "brliance" :blink: I messed up the bearing getting it out. :( I was made at myself, but not much i can do now except get a new set.

Well unfortunatly I will not be ther ywt again. :( :angry: I have a weding that day. Man I hate having to see all hte un there is only in pictures and video.

Wade we need to get together soon and head to the lake. I had my boat with me this past weekend just didn't get the time to run. I am slow at work right now and will be for another week or two. If you have time and want to head up let me know.

Well unfortunatly I will not be ther ywt again. :( :angry: I have a weding that day. Man I hate having to see all hte un there is only in pictures and video.
Wade we need to get together soon and head to the lake. I had my boat with me this past weekend just didn't get the time to run. I am slow at work right now and will be for another week or two. If you have time and want to head up let me know.

Steve, I will try to give you a call sometime this week.

that stinks about you not being able to go again this year. I was really hoping you could make it.

Steve,

I've got pics of changes made to the Mod-VP in the group of pics from the 07 Tunnel OB Nats few weeks back. Mark Poole made sure I got pics of John Knights boat for you. I'll have plenty of CD made and will give an extra one to Wade for ya..

Oh yea, just how many times are you getting married? :lol: Wish ya could make it this year.

I got the bearings I needed for the wild thing, and I got it back together tonight. I can't wait to see everyone again!!

Hey Mark, I would apperciate it if you could pick up another gallon of 45% Wild Cat for me (or was that 25% That dang lable messes me up!! ;) :p :lol: ) . Let me know what it costs

It was probably 45%.

The permit has been applied for so that's taken care of and finally got out on the water today with the newest addition to the fleet, the Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

****, only 4 weeks away!

Ron,

The 25% thing was a joke that Mark played on me a few yrs back. He had the comapny paste a 25% nitro sticker over the orginal 45% nitro one to try to mess with me... The funniest part for me was that fact that I never even noticed it, until he finanly had to point it out! LOL!!!

I can't wait, I have a few more things to tidy up before then, but I'm going to try to bring all my boats, and get there early. I don't know if you got my email, but I brought the flyer to ryders and they were going to post one on the front door, and another one back by the RC desk.

Wade,

Actually, it was a 15% stick I had them put on there! Knew I should have bought a case of 45% when I was there few weeks back. Got plenty of 65% (6 cases!) for the year. I'll head down and pick up a case of 15% :ph34r: , or is that 45% , for those that like to go slow :lol:

I filled out a entry form for the Evansville May race. Never sent it in, something just didn't seem right. Glad I looked closer, it's May 19th.. Kinda hard to be in two places on the same day. :blink:

Currently in Richmond, Va for work. When I get back, have to get two race boats ready for May 6th Dayton race. After that, hopefully will get a few of the play boats ready for the Fun Run.

Can't wait to see all again. I'll have plenty of the 07 Tunnel OB Champs cds with me in case some might want to see the action.

Mark,

You don't have to make a special trip just for me. I can probably use 65% if you would rather part with one of those instead of the road trip.

Mark, let me know if you stop by Wildcat also as you migght need another excuse to hit on the help there! ;)

Wade, if you need a fuel cell, let mew know. After another attempt Sunday trying to get the boat to run, I came home and stripped the radio and engine out of it. If you want the boats, both of them, say the word and they're yours! I still have a pile of cut wood, foam, decals and CF. I just got tired of fighting with them but had one running great at one time, faster than anytime that you saw it run.

Ron,

Let me know if you need any 45%, I'll make a trip down. And I don't need no excuse to go there, to hit on the help! You'll see what I've been chasing the past few months at the Fun Run.

Later,

Mark

Ron, If you are refering to the HH12's, if you don't want them, I'll most defently take them. I found out what was wrong with mine. a loose piece of solder from my attempt at fixing a tiny creek in the tin. I opened it up, and cleaned it out. I just need to put it back together again.

MArk, If you are going to make the trip, then I'll take a gal of 45%.

I do have obstical on the 19th, but I'll be there. I have to coach my kids soccer game that morning. it starts at 10:30. I figure I can make it there by 1:00. I wish I could be there earlier, but at least i'll be there.

Maaaaaaaarks got a giiiiiiiiirlfriend! :lol:

We'll try to behave ourselves around her.

If you've got the room, I'll take a gallon of 45%.

Wade, I'll load up what I have if I've got the room otherwise I'll have Brenda bring it to the lake later on.

The door prize should be here tomorrow or Thursday as Steve was going to ship it out on Monday. He wants me to get it running before the Fun Run and yes, there is an engine in the boat but I didn't think that there was when he first offered it to me.

To everybody coming that has a digital camera, please bring it along. I'm going to try to shoot as much video as I can with one camera and pix with another. The other does vids without sound but I have a new program where I can add music. I'll send Steve both versions so that he can perform his magic with them.

Back